Kraton Rear wheels turning opposite direction when spun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a similar issue. So, I just replaced my rear diff on my Kraton 6S EXB V2. 3 weeks later my rear, left tire does not spin when I give it throttle. I noticed fluid leaking out of the dogbone cup so I took the rear apart. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary… no gears stripped, grinding or anything. I put more diff fluid in it, put it back together and it still has the same problem. Only the front and rear right tires spin when I give it throttle. Could it be the center that's the issue? Any other issues you can think of?

Having a similar issue. So, I just replaced my rear diff on my Kraton 6S EXB V2. 3 weeks later my rear, left tire does not spin when I give it throttle. I noticed fluid leaking out of the dogbone cup so I took the rear apart. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary… no gears stripped, grinding or anything. I put more diff fluid in it, put it back together and it still has the same problem. Only the front and rear right tires spin when I give it throttle. Could it be the center that's the issue? Any other issues you can think of?
Mine turned out to be the front diff. The vitavon gears I put in got chewed up after a run or two. I never thought they were the issue because they were new and I didn’t inspect them closely enough to notice they were toast. I went back to stock gearing and it runs fine now. Your diff puking fluid does not seem right at all. Is there a gasket that needs replacing?

Mine turned out to be the front diff. The vitavon gears I put in got chewed up after a run or two. I never thought they were the issue because they were new and I didn’t inspect them closely enough to notice they were toast. I went back to stock gearing and it runs fine now. Your diff puking fluid does not seem right at all. Is there a gasket that needs replacing?
Yep! Gasket was completely shot and then I found a gear inside the diff broken off.

I’ve literally been spinning these wheels daily to try and figure this out.

Let me know if the link doesn’t work I’ll make it public
Drive it! If you hold the rear wheels so they can’t move then turn one front wheel the other should spin opposite. Then hold the front wheels and the back should do the same. This is how the drive train works to let the wheels move at slightly different speeds as you go through turns. Completely normal. It’s a good idea to do this test often. If it pops binds or anything else you will know which diff is causing trouble

The Vitavon internal diff gears don’t work. I have $150 dollars worth of them to prove it. If you measure the thickness of the crown gears they are off by atleast a millimeter or two. Their cups and everything else from them are great! I run stock gears in their cups and they have lasted much longer than stock.

Last edited:
I recently installed vitavon diff housings and gears both front and rear. They’re filled with 500k fluid. When I spin the rears only they spin opposite directions. When I spin the front wheels only they spin the same direction. Am I over thinking this? Shouldn’t the rears move one the same direction?

Edit: I also put power through the rig and the wheels spin the proper direction when under power on a stand.

Edit edit: the front diff feels tighter than the rear. I’m stumped
If you turn 1 rear wheel or 1 front wheel, the opposite wheel should spin the opposite direction. BUT If you hold 1 rear wheel or front wheel and turn the opposite rear or front wheels will turn in the same direction. For example, if you hold the rear right wheel and spin the rear left wheel, both the fronts will spin in the same direction and vice versa with the fronts to the rears. Put a pack in it and let’er rip!! You’ll find out in 2 seconds if you’re good or not.

If you turn 1 rear wheel or 1 front wheel, the opposite wheel should spin the opposite direction. BUT If you hold 1 rear wheel or front wheel and turn the opposite rear or front wheels will turn in the same direction. For example, if you hold the rear right wheel and spin the rear left wheel, both the fronts will spin in the same direction and vice versa with the fronts to the rears. Put a pack in it and let’er rip!! You’ll find out in 2 seconds if you’re good or not.
My front diff was on the way out and I thought it was my center diff. I got it all squared away finally!

My front diff was on the way out and I thought it was my center diff. I got it all squared away finally!

Working on diffs is a big part of owning Arrmas. With great power comes great responsibility! You get better at it with time and Jenny’s is a great thing to have as backup.

Working on diffs is a big part of owning Arrmas. With great power comes great responsibility! You get better at it with time and Jenny’s is a great thing to have as backup.
I love working on my K8S. I feel like I can do most anything with my eyes closed. It’s a great platform and the large size is 👌 my fave

Back