Vorteks Receiver & and battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
the car stopped in the middle of driving, there was no power anymore. I noticed that the battery connector was partially melted. with the second battery, the car got power, but the receiver is mute. no longer Blinks orange light when trying to connect to the controller. would that wire melting destroy the receiver? And why that wire was melted..

20231020_104030.jpg

I hate those deans connectors , they come out way too easy it’s better to just solder the IC5 female connections to you ESC and use those connections they’re more secure I think.

It's most likely the connection preventing the esc to turn on.. once those deans connectors are melted it's usually a wrap for them.. the pins move and coat themselves in plastic..

Swap out the ends on both sides.. ic5 or ec5 connectors are definitely a better route..

They melt due to poor connection, or huge power draws.. resistance equals heat..

It's most likely the connection preventing the esc to turn on.. once those deans connectors are melted it's usually a wrap for them.. the pins move and coat themselves in plastic..

Swap out the ends on both sides.. ic5 or ec5 connectors are definitely a better route..

They melt due to poor connection, or huge power draws.. resistance equals heat..
So u think my receiver is still fine?

So u think my receiver is still fine?
Hard to say honestly, it should be ok though.. all you can do is get a good connection and give it the good ole college try.. if the Rx still does not show signs of life, just for ha ha's try to unplug the steering servo and see if it comes back.. 👍

Hope my esc is not broken, esc rapidly flashing red.. manual says it's throttle trim

Reason:
Legit Deans plugs also come as Cheap Generic T-plugs, are simply bad connectors. Nothing new.
Been there many years back. Never again. XT60's or larger XT90's are way better. Depending on the rig in question, which size you need.
Change them all out for better connectors, or you will risk the same or even worse $damage$ again.
:cool:

Last edited:
Reason:
Legit Deans plugs also come as Cheap Generic T-plugs, are simply bad connectors. Nothing new.
Been there many years back. Never again. XT60's or larger XT90's are way better. Depending on the rig in question, which size you need.
Change them all out for better connectors, or you will risk the same or even worse $damage$ again.
:cool:
Yea i think i will put EC5

+1.
Yeah anything is better than T-Plugs. Legit Patented Deans Plugs were a thing like 20+ years ago with Brushed Nicad and Nim pack setups. Even the track guys were running them way back when. Just Not for todays RC stuff however. And Deans plugs have been copied as cheap RTR alternatives, once the Deans Patent expired. Why they are called Simply T-Plugs. The original ones were called Deans Ultra Plugs. They were all the rage early in RC. When I raced at the Track.
Now, 99% of them we see are just Knock-offs and called T-Plugs. Poor material/quality mfr'ed. connectors. Cheap stuff. Even Legit Deans Ultra Plugs don't cut it these days. They come apart too easily when bashing hard, and even worse as you seen.
Enjoy.:cool:

Last edited:
Yep, my receiver is fried. Just try another receiver and it work fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back