Vorteks Transmitter/ receiver issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if it comes with Spektrum gear, it's always a HH owned Brand product now. (y)
HH bought the Losi brand way before HH got the Arrma and Axial brands from Hobbico's bankruptcy liquidation.

FWIW in 2004 , Spektrum was responsible for creating the 2.4 ghz radio protocol. It became sanctioned for RC racing use back then. The first to get FCC approval for 2.5 gzh use. That was great technology for this RC hobby.
But $Spektrum$ is not all that as we speak today, IMHO. They just appear to dominate the market only becuase HH owns so many RTR brand that are equipped with Spektrum gear. Batteries and all. A HH/Spektrum Eco thing. SOme say the Cells in their Lipos are actuall very good. Just that the $Smart Eco$ thing can be a short coming for many.
There is Much competition that blows Spektrum away now.

Edited.

Last edited:
Yeah if it comes with Spektrum gear, it's always a HH owned Brand product. (y)
HH bought the Losi brand way before HH got the Arrma and Axial brands from Hobbico's bankruptcy liquidation.
They have owned them for that long? Dam! Traxxass caused soo much crap back then☹️

Trx has some decent rigs. I own a TRX-4, as it was a give me, for free. I'm ok with it. Not the best thing since sliced bread. Prefer my 2 Axials I own better. Just I would not patronize TRX products because of their business model. Why would I invest in a brand like that, then buying their parts to support their brand and all. Trx is the known bully in the RC industry. I say say let them stay in their own lane, with all the Trx fanboys.:ROFLMAO:
I was into Arrma before Hobbico went bust. Lucky that HH saved these 2 popular brands. Or we would not be here talking about our Arrma models in the first place. There would be no AF today.:LOL:

Last edited:
Trx has some decent rigs. I own a TRX-4, as it was a give me, for free. I'm ok with it. Not the best thing since sliced bread. Prefer my 2 Axials I own better. Just I would not patronize TRX products because of their business model. Why would I invest in a brand like that, then buying their parts to support their brand and all. Trx is the known bully in the RC industry. I say say let them stay in their own lane, with all the Trx fanboys.:ROFLMAO:
I was into Arrma before Hobbico went bust. Lucky that HH saved these 2 popular brands. Or we would not be here talking about our Arrma models in the first place. There would be no AF today.:LOL:
I hear you fully. Before brushless I had 2 savages 1 ss and rtr, SS Hellfire, monster gt and a geo storms buggy. And the Baja 5b ss. My first brushless was the hpi flux sc truck, I love HPI until they were no more.
I don't even want to say that dam t word anymore.

HPI was a dominant force back when. They have failed and been boughtout so many times. A shame. Never quite got back into it. Still around, but scarcely.

The HPI RS4 was very dominant with the TC race crowd for a long while. Nitro's etc. The Savage was king for so long.

HPI was a dominant force back when. They have failed and been boughtout so many times. A shame. Never quite got back into it. Still around, but scarcely.

The HPI RS4 was very dominant with the TC race crowd for a long while. Nitro's etc. The Savage was king for so long.
I forgot about my Associated
TC-3. The memories!! Hpi was made in Japan back then. 3 times hpi has bought and sold now. Hpi is ok for the new Comer.

I'm surprised HPI is still around at all...I've still got two RS4 Nitro drift cars in a closet. I loved those things back in the day. Electric has me spoiled now for ease of use though.

I'm surprised HPI is still around at all...I've still got two RS4 Nitro drift cars in a closet. I loved those things back in the day. Electric has me spoiled now for ease of use though.
HPI is starting out from scratch. RC trucks for the beginner.

Yeah out the box. Same here. HH replaced mine. The OP got his used. Probably No warranty now,
I suggest going to JennysRC.com to buy the correct Replacement Spektrum Rx. Retail they are costly.

>>>Best scenario is you buy yourself a Radiolink RC4GS radio with the included Rx. $60.00/AMZ ) A way better radio set up compared to stock. Toss that whole stocker radio. You have an excuse to do that now. For basically the same price of just a Spektrum Rx.
What I absolutely would do in this case, if in the OP's shoes. (y)
Finally got some time to put in the new servo and receiver, I just forgot the kimborough servi saver , so that will be here tomorrow. Stuck the Granite tires on , shouldn’t need to change gearing for these tires or ?🤔

IMG_4262.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back