Vorteks Transmitter/ receiver issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XplicitRC

Never let anyone compromise your integrity🤙
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vorteks
  6. Voltage
  7. Infraction 4x4
So hear me out bought a used Vorteks offline a few weeks ago decent price blah blah. Been out maybe a handful of times bashing and seems when you go past maybe 50ft transmitter/receiver has issues(no throttle/steering at all). Then I let it sit maybe 3-4 seconds and everything’s fine. New batteries in transmitter. Not sure I don’t want to throw money blindly into something I have no knowledge of, I’d rather let you guys steer me into the right direction on this one never really had to troubleshoot an issue like this before. Any help is appreciated.🤙

IMG_4193.jpeg

So hear me out bought a used Vorteks offline a few weeks ago decent price blah blah. Been out maybe a handful of times bashing and seems when you go past maybe 50ft transmitter/receiver has issues(no throttle/steering at all). Then I let it sit maybe 3-4 seconds and everything’s fine. New batteries in transmitter. Not sure I don’t want to throw money blindly into something I have no knowledge of, I’d rather let you guys steer me into the right direction on this one never really had to troubleshoot an issue like this before. Any help is appreciated.🤙

View attachment 311433

Open up the receiver compartment and take a good look at the receiver's antenna.. make sure it's not damaged/nicked/cut in any way -along the entire length..

It sounds like you have a short in your system causing your receiver to brown out. I usually blame the servo when this happens. A second opinion would be helpful on this issue.

Humm....
All I can say is that you can safely toss that stocker servo for starters. Even a basic AMZ DS3235 35 kg Servo will offer better Steering control.
Do you get any steering when it does stop in it's tracks??? Or no repsonse of any
thing?
Can you also repeat this issue on the bench?
A failing Spektrum servo has been known to cause this. It messes with the BEC power of the ESC and can even fry the ESC in the Process.
Check all your wire connection at the Rx. Including the Antenna Lead wire inside the Rx box. Check for frayed wiring. All the obvious things first.
Does the ESC have any flashing lights, when this happens. If the ESC is just Resetting itself, it could also be a bad ESC power switch.
Good luck.
A video would really help. (y)

Last edited:
Humm....
All I can say is that you can safely toss that stocker servo for starters. Even a basic AMZ DS3235 35 kg Servo will offer better STeeringcontrol.
Do you get any steering when it does stop in it's tracks??? Or no repsonse of any
thing?
A failing Spektrum servo has been known to cause this. It messes with the BEC power of the ESC and can even fry the ESC in the Process.
Check all your wire connection at the Rx. Including the Antenna Lead wire inside the Rx box. Check for frayed wiring. All the obvious things first.
Does the ESC have any flashing lights, when this happens. If the ESC is just Resetting itself, it could also be a bad ESC power switch.
Good luck.
Humm....
All I can say is that you can safely toss that stocker servo for starters. Even a basic AMZ DS3235 35 kg Servo will offer better STeeringcontrol.
thing?
Good luck.
Opened up the receiver box and found this I feel like a total idiot but thanks for the quick response and help. My brains still foggy from the second round of Covid I just got over😬

IMG_4194.jpeg

Opened up the receiver box and found this I feel like a total idiot but thanks for the quick response and help. My brains still foggy from the second round of Covid I just got over😬

View attachment 311437

Looks like the previous owner botched a simple receiver box cover install there!! 😬☹️

That antenna looks chewed up!
How much of it is still remaining.. The portion that's going to the rx??
(The antenna is actually a very thin coaxial cable..) So you're going to have to perform a delicate surgery to repair that.

Or, just buy another receiver..

View attachment 311437
Oh crap..... I suspected much. Only because I got my V1 Mojave Rx Ant. lead out the box in that same condition also. Factory installed the Ant. sloppily and crushed mine the same way.
you need a new Receiver. Your radio signal is very weak with very short range, because of the damaged antenna. :rolleyes: Problem solved.(y)

Looks like the previous owner botched a simple receiver box cover install there!! 😬☹️

That antenna looks chewed up!
How much of it is still remaining.. The portion that's going to the rx??
(The antenna is actually a very thin coaxial cable..) So you're going to have to perform a delicate surgery to repair that.

Or, just buy another receiver..
Haha I tried already the pieces are too small for my giant fingers lol. I’m just going to suck it up and get another one. No worries gives me something to do 🤙😁

Had the same thing happen right out the box. At least you found the problem. Sucks😒
Yeah out the box. Same here. HH replaced mine. The OP got his used. Probably No warranty now,
I suggest going to JennysRC.com to buy the correct Replacement Spektrum Rx. Retail they are costly.

>>>Best scenario is you buy yourself a Radiolink RC4GS radio with the included Rx. $60.00/AMZ ) A way better radio set up compared to stock. Toss that whole stocker radio. You have an excuse to do that now. For basically the same price of just a Spektrum Rx.
What I absolutely would do in this case, if in the OP's shoes. (y)

Oh crap..... I suspected much. Only because I got my V1 Mojave Rx Ant. lead out the box in that same condition also. Factory installed the Ant. sloppily and crushed mine the same way.
you need a new Receiver. Your radio signal is very weak with very short range, because of the damaged antenna. :rolleyes: Problem solved.(y)
Yeah it’s smashed exactly where the screws at sandwiched between for so long the friction must have been too much overtime bashing and the result is a cheap eBay win for me😂🤙🤘

Haha I tried already the pieces are too small for my giant fingers lol. I’m just going to suck it up and get another one. No worries gives me something to do 🤙😁

Check out >>
JennysRC.com for Much Better pricing on remote TX/Rx combo.

At least this way you'll have a backup transmitter too.

@XplicitRC , just buy the Radiolink Tx/Rx I stated above, and don't look back. Hands down Way better than the stocker radio. It is also a multimodel radio for additional models you get or have. Additional Rx's are not expensive as well. I swear by this radio. having the RC6GS, just has 2 more channels. For bashing, the RC4GS is perfect and saves some coin as well. Performance is identical for both.

The stocker Spektrum radio cannot hold a candle to this Radiolink. Research first, the price of both, to see what I say. It's your call ultimately.

https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-2-4GHz-Transmitter-Receiver-Controller/dp/B07DPMVVKN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=L786OLMA7ZZT&keywords=RC4gs&qid=1689444393&sprefix=rc4gs,aps,145&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

This Radiolink is a Full featured radio. Rig will respond way better, with way better signal range. The stocker is junk by comparison and makes the rig feel like a cheap Toy RC. Honestly speaking.

Last edited:
Yeah out the box. Same here. HH replaced mine. The OP got his used. Probably No warranty now,
I suggest going to JennysRC.com to buy the correct Replacement Spektrum Rx. Retail they are costly.

>>>Best scenario is you buy yourself a Radiolink RC4GS radio with the included Rx. $60.00/AMZ ) A way better radio set up compared to stock. Toss that whole stocker radio. You have an excuse to do that now. For basically the same price of just a Spektrum Rx.
What I absolutely would do in this case, if in the OP's shoes. (y)
I’ve been leaning toward the radiolink I think that’s going to be my go to purchase and I can just buy multiple receivers says it stores up to 30 cars. That’s plenty for me. If I ever get to having 30 rc cars by that time I’m sure I’d be divorced 😂😂😂

View attachment 311437
Check the Skyfly gt5 6 channels i believe. About $70 and receivers are $20 with avc or $5 for a 4 channel. I've had mine for over a year. I have 4 rc with this setup.

View attachment 311433
https://www.amazon.com/Goolsky-Tran...ocphy=9004085&hvtargid=pla-939557472386&psc=1
Screenshot_20230715_142042_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been leaning toward the radiolink I think that’s going to be my go to purchase and I can just buy multiple receivers says it stores up to 30 cars. That’s plenty for me. If I ever get to having 30 rc cars by that time I’m sure I’d be divorced 😂😂😂
I got the Radiolink specifically for very long speed running in my Limitless. The main reason I had bought this was for long range driving . Now I put most of my other models on it. It beats out my Spektrum upgrade DX5C radio. A waste of money I regret buying 👎 .
The price is right. Rx's are so inexpensive. With a Gyro and all, if you want to enable that feature, for on road Models.

I got the Radiolink specifically for very long speed running in my Limitless. The main reason I had bought this was for long range driving . Now I put most of my other models on it. It beats out my Spektrum upgrade DX5C radio. A waste of money I regret buying 👎 .
The price is right. Rx's are so inexpensive. With a Gyro and all, if you want to enable that feature, for on road Models.
I almost bought the same radio. The antenna scares me!! I see myself snapping the antenna real fast. Because of the permanent nerve damage in my right arm,hand. I've heard nothing but really good things about the radio. It can handle 3s lipos I believe were the gt5 can only take 2s.
SrC I'm not trying to step all over you, just trying to give more options. Sorry if I offended 🤝

Last edited:
Not even worth the effort of even opening up that Spektrum garbage Rx. Toss it.
Being broke like that is really a godsend, IMHO.
An easy excuse to move onto the better radio set. RC4GS.
For a measly $60.00?? A no brainer. Don't look back.
Not much to think about here.:unsure:

You can thank me later.;)
I almost bought the same radio. The antenna scares me!! I see myself snapping the antenna real fast. Because of the permanent nerve damage in my right arm,hand. I've heard nothing but really good things about the radio. It can handle 3s lipos I believe were the gt5 can only take 2s.

SrC I'm not trying to step all over you, just trying to give more options. Sorry if I offended 🤝
Splitting hairs......RC6GS/4S can even handle any 2s Lipo no issues. But whether a 2s or 3s radio lipo upgrade, makes no difference with Range or Performance. The Radio's operating voltage is still restricted internally whether a 2s or 3s. I opted for a 2s but larger 4k mah lipo pack. I get great run time while fitting inside the radio fine. 3s just makes the lipo larger and harder to fit. Lipo mah Capacity matters more than the voltage ( number of cells) with this radio.

Last edited:
Not even worth the effort of even opening up that Spektrum garbage Rx. Toss it.
Being broke like that is really a godsend, IMHO.
An easy excuse to move onto the better radio set. RC4GS.
For a measly $60.00?? A no brainer. Don't look back.
Not much to think about here.:unsure:

You can thank me later.;)
When I first tried running my losi baja rey the radio was freaking out. Steering and throttle would reverse it self as it pleased. I changed the settings. And each time I turned on the radio and truck both reversed🤔. HH had no answer for me. No running first time out. Replaced Steering sevo with a savox sc 1218 to and the flysky gt5. No issues. Soo glade the esc is from Dynamite 130amp esc and not a spectrum garbage. Spectrum radio went right in the garbage. I believe HH owns losi now. SrC you ever hear of this reversing issue with any rtr remote system?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back