Typhon Receiver / Transmitter Upgrade? (Sanwa or other)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo-x

Fairly New Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi. I got myself the Sanwa MT-S with RX-482 for my Typhon 6S. Kinda felt it needed to be replaced to get a better grip on when bashing, and kinda making it a all-round racer for outdoor race track. How do I connect the radio cables from the original Typhon to the RX-482? I remember checking that the longer wire was connected to AUX in the old Spektrum Radio, and the shorter one was connected to THR. Now before hooking everything up I'v started to question myself. Anyone who could give me some pointers on how to connect them so I know I connect them correctly. All other parts of the car are stock, except the Sanwa MT-S & Sanwa RX-482

First upgrade planned to the car.

Guessing people run with stock Spektrum stuff. Anyways. I got it working. Steering needed to be adjusted from the controller and throttle needed to be adjusted / calibrated to get it working. Now all seems fine. Love the antenaless look.

Last edited:
Did you find it hard to put the plugs into the rx-482 receiver? I'm seriously doubting that they even fit ! This is my first upgrade too and I can't wait to feel the difference in the throttle response. Hopefully the steering will be more responsive also, as I'm rubbish on the track ! :)

They didnt. I was adviced to take a knife and just gently take a bit off from different directions to make it fit. Now they are connected. ESC in otherhand stopped functioning. BLX 185 started to blink the green led 4 x and then pause and again 4 x.

Took my Typhon 6S to the hobby shop for some maintenance. Waiting to get it back or even a diagnosis. Not caused by the radio. Something else.

Thanks for your reply ! That has really helped me. I thought I was going nuts. I was thinking "But these should fit?? Push HARDER!, no this ain't gonna work, I swear I'm going to break something". Bummer about the esc. I'll let you know if mine does the same.

I reckon it isnt about it. Its unrelated. I tried to push them in before I gave in and grabbed the knife. Was told they are too tight. The spektrum is a bit lose compared to the sanwa. The rx n tx are awesome. Build a profile n adjust settings . Ur good to go. Remembet to recalibrate the throttle if needed. Car manual. If steering is mixed, left is right and right is left adjust it from the tx.

I was too scared Im gonna bend the pins or worse :)

Awesome info neo-x. Did you shave just the left and right (short sides) of the spektrum connector? I have attached a couple of pics

Attachments

• 20200223_105601.jpg
    20200223_105601.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200223_105634.jpg
    20200223_105634.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 39
I took abit of of all sides. Just evet so gently...try take a bit from all and try jabbing them in. don't try to hook em up directt from the sides. Theres a slight snip on. Needs calm nerves to not cut or bend the pins take ur time

Yeah. A mate messaged me "bash in an hour?" so I did it a bit quicker than I should have. I butchered the plug a little (exposed a bit the metal on one side, dug too deep with the craft knife), but I got it done and had an AWESOME afternoon bashing at a construction site : ). I need to get some new Fplugs and do it properly, but it got me through. Thanks again for your help neo-x. It would have been a poop day if I didn't get it working.

Oh, and the controller is AMAZING ! Such a difference from the stx2. My mate had a car with and stx2 controller, so I had a side by side comparison...... There is no comparison! The MTS is super responsive, almost too responsive. I gotta turn down the sensitivity of the reverse a little as I found my car nudging backwards at times when didn't even notice I was putting pressure on the trigger. The steering felt soo nice too. I didn't even think the stx2 was that bad, until I tried the MTS : )

Haha. 2 bad. I was super gentle with mine. Used a leatherman to do the job. My stx2 seemed to take some interfearance from time to time. I hated how it felt. With big rock its ok but witv typho i needed it to be something else than the stock. Ye. Need to learn how to drive :) enjoy it mate. I know I do :)

Do you have any issues since your upgrade to MT-S + RX-482 with the BLX 185 ESC?
And can someone tell me if it would be fine to change the default Servo to a Savöx SW-1210SG with MT-S radio and the RX-482 receiver?
I did not find a reliable statement if everything will work with this configuration...
Many Thanks for answers...

Do you have any issues since your upgrade to MT-S + RX-482 with the BLX 185 ESC?
And can someone tell me if it would be fine to change the default Servo to a Savöx SW-1210SG with MT-S radio and the RX-482 receiver?
I did not find a reliable statement if everything will work with this configuration...
Many Thanks for answers...
No issues so far from this set up.Only issue I still haven't sorted is the super sensitive trigger (reverse). I need to increase the dead spot a little. As we have been in lockdown for the past couple of weeks, I haven't been able to run it much. The backyard (whilst quite big) is pretty boring. The temptation to give it a squirt almost always ends up with a near miss with a tree/bush/clothesline ! Lastly, The MTS feels SO much better than the stock transmitter. : )

No issues so far from this set up.Only issue I still haven't sorted is the super sensitive trigger (reverse). I need to increase the dead spot a little. As we have been in lockdown for the past couple of weeks, I haven't been able to run it much. The backyard (whilst quite big) is pretty boring. The temptation to give it a squirt almost always ends up with a near miss with a tree/bush/clothesline ! Lastly, The MTS feels SO much better than the stock transmitter. : )
Thanks! So i will buy it...

I didn't mention the issue with the connectors not fitting as I assumed that you read the whole thread. If you shave them down to fit in the rx-483 receiver box, take your time, a little bit at a time. I rushed it (as I wanted to go out bashing) and dug in to much on the side of one of the connectors (I did it with a craft knife). It still works, but a bit of a botch job and will have to replace the connectors....... when I get around to it.

Hi. I got myself the Sanwa MT-S with RX-482 for my Typhon 6S. Kinda felt it needed to be replaced to get a better grip on when bashing, and kinda making it a all-round racer for outdoor race track. How do I connect the radio cables from the original Typhon to the RX-482? I remember checking that the longer wire was connected to AUX in the old Spektrum Radio, and the shorter one was connected to THR. Now before hooking everything up I'v started to question myself. Anyone who could give me some pointers on how to connect them so I know I connect them correctly. All other parts of the car are stock, except the Sanwa MT-S & Sanwa RX-482

First upgrade planned to the car.
Hi there,
I am not sure if I ask you (I just replied to another thread) but want to know how the range is?
I got replaced the STX2 garbage with the trusty Tactic TTX 300 from ebay and it's been fantastic.
I've since got into e-buggy racing with the Sanwa MT-S and have decided to use it with my v4 K6S as well.
Due to poor weather, I haven't tested the range.

Please tell me it's just as good as the other cheap Tx/Rx?

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_195855.jpg
    IMG_20200413_195855.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200413_200055.jpg
    IMG_20200413_200055.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 49
To my testing it seems like the range is better than the original stx even without the external antenna.
As you will read in my reply on the other thread, I have only gone 50m or so away from me. I'm in lockdown too, so no more bashing at the moment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back