Typhon Typhon 6S On Road - Lowered & Other Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedstar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I’m looking to upgrade my Typhon 6S to the next step for on-road bashing. I’ve changed the front shocks and tower to that of the limitless. Has anyone managed to lower the rear springs and tower? I read in some old posts this may not be standard but that was a while ago so not sure if anything’s changed.

Any other modifications that would help with on-road performance?

Cheers

What tires are you running? Running GRP tires made a huge difference for me over stock or buggy sized road tire like the Proline Avengers.

Ive got a street Tyhon, swapped the TLR towers/shocks for Limitless version both front and rear with 2k shock oil, really improved cornering over stock

Diffs are 30/500/20 right now but planning to lighten the center diff to 200k to make it handle turns better.

My plan from here is to add a stronger servo spring and try different springs and/or shock oil weights.

What tires are you running? Running GRP tires made a huge difference for me over stock or buggy sized road tire like the Proline Avengers.

Ive got a street Tyhon, swapped the TLR towers/shocks for Limitless version both front and rear with 2k shock oil, really improved cornering over stock

Diffs are 30/500/20 right now but planning to lighten the center diff to 200k to make it handle turns better.

My plan from here is to add a stronger servo spring and try different springs and/or shock oil weights.
Thanks for this. I already am running some GRP tyres which was a huge improvement. Will experiment with the diff oil setup too. Thanks for sharing.

Were the limitless rear shocks and tower a straight swap? I have the Typhon v5 (not TLR) but do like the idea of having a uniform low profile all the way around
Here's my thread. Nothing fancy. Hope it helps. Make sure to share pics when done! 😁 ✌️

'Terps Typhon gets Stretched' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/terps-typhon-gets-stretched.56254/
Wow, stretching might be a project in the future but Defos looks cool. A lot of work to get it there, well done

Limitless V1 is all Typhon parts.
You can put the rear tower and shocks on it. On 4s the Typhon makes a great street rig.

+1 on GRP tires.

20191118_162208.jpg

Well I did that back when the only limitless was the V1.
You can use any Limitless shock tower, Infraction, Felony its all the same.
Jenny's usually has what you need for Arrma cars:
https://jennysrc.com/collections/arrma-limitless-ara7116v2
Ah, that’s good to know. I’m based in the UK so will need to find a reseller here. I had heard you need to do some drilling to possibly make it work, glad to know it’s a seamless swap

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back