Typhon Which receiver/transmitter combo not hugely expensive would you use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost247

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all looking for advise not hugely expensive would you use typhoon 6s blx185

SPEKTRUM DX3 SMART 3 CHANNEL TRANSMITTER WITH SR315 RECEIVER​

Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro​

Or other? Dumbo rc had trouble with it

Any info input would be 😊👍
Thank you advance

Flysky GT3b here, 10 model memory, $8 receivers. Apparently if you hack it, it can hold hundreds of models in memory!? It's a bit dated for some,but I have zero complaints. Put a 3s lipo in it, it's the perfect radio for me. Range is an issue for some though. Not me.

Out of curiosity…do the dumbo receivers work with the Radiolink transmitter? I know they are from the same company and receivers look alike…

I know not everyone is a fan of Spektrum but I’ve had no problems with the Slt3 and sr315
For 30-40$ off Jenny’s you can’t get a much cheaper combo

I know not everyone is a fan of Spektrum but I’ve had no problems with the Slt3 and sr315
For 30-40$ off Jenny’s you can’t get a much cheaper combo
This, most of my RC's just have the SLT3, its functional, works well, and comfortable to boot.

I use a TQI on my 8S Kraton.. lol.. What can I say, I like the Bluetooth module and settings adjustments.

This, most of my RC's just have the SLT3, its functional, works well, and comfortable to boot.

I use a TQI on my 8S Kraton.. lol.. What can I say, I like the Bluetooth module and settings adjustments.
Only downfall to the traxxas stuff is the 6v limit to the receiver. Smoked the one in my xmaxx after a couple months when running it on 7.4v from a max6.

Stupid name, but I have several DumboRC X6 with gyro receivers. 6 channels with adjustable gyro and a great range for an unbelievable price. I’ve added a foam steering wheel cover and a bandage/grip wrap, costing about a dollar or two for each transmitter.

Only downfall to the traxxas stuff is the 6v limit to the receiver. Smoked the one in my xmaxx after a couple months when running it on 7.4v from a max6.
I do like the TQi in terms of how it feels in the hand but between the 6v limit and gawd awful programming menu,nah. I just put a Hoss back together and somehow the steering end points were way off..after trying for 10 minutes to adjust, I gave up and installed a spare system from my kaiju, 5 minutes and done. For whatever reason, the vxl esc's won't work with the GT3b but do work with the Redcat system made by Flysky!?
No way I'm installing a TRX app on anything I own,LOL.

Flysky GT5. Have all my rigs split between two of them. Love the feel and adjustability. Can also quickly dial throttle down to any percent I want for my 7yo. He runs the OC6s at 45%.
Nice! I'm pretty sure the GT3b is just a predecessor to the GT5? I have all those adjustments as well. Only real drawback to the GT3b for me is it does feel awkward in the hand. I've been using one for 11 years, awkward is all I know! LOL 😜 I actually have a second one on stand by in case number one falters 🤣🤣

Nice! I'm pretty sure the GT3b is just a predecessor to the GT5? I have all those adjustments as well. Only real drawback to the GT3b for me is it does feel awkward in the hand. I've been using one for 11 years, awkward is all I know! LOL 😜 I actually have a second one on stand by in case number one falters 🤣🤣
Really like the throttle trigger. It seems to have a longer throw and soft spring. Easy to find the spot you want for riding wheelies, etc.

Really like the throttle trigger. It seems to have a longer throw and soft spring.
I know right!?? And it almost makes it all the more exciting when you do hit full throttle cause you have to squeeze down far. Like it's building up the tension waiting for that explosion of power :cool:

I know right!?? And it almost makes it all the more exciting when you do hit full throttle cause you have to squeeze down far. Like it's building up the tension waiting for that explosion of power :cool:
All right now, just stop it already!! You guys are making me want to try it!!🤣🤣🍻
Allegedly the 3 channel receivers I'm using with the GT3B are compatible with GT5? That would be the only way I could justify switching radios. I have too many rigs, and 5 spare 3 channel receivers already,LOL.

Last edited:
All right now, just stop it already!! You guys are making me want to try it!!🤣🤣🍻
Allegedly the 3 channel receivers I'm using with the GT3B are compatible with GT5? That would be the only way I could justify switching radios. I have too many rigs, and 5 spare 3 channel receivers already,LOL.
They're probably pretty similar. Personally, I wouldn't switch transmitters unless I had an issue with the one I was currently using. But I know that's generally how both you and I operate anyway :LOL:

The only reason I got the GT5 was because I started getting into kits and rollers and had a few RTR ones die on me, so I figured I'd save some money by having a "single" system.

EDIT: honestly it's not that far off the stock Kaiju radio (which is a rebranded flysky something). A little bit "nicer", and has some better features. An overall good radio, but nothing revolutionary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back