Typhon Recommended front bumper for Typhon 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give us the email of that person and Everyone flood their email! I refuse to buy another Stock senton bumper after breaking my stock replacement 10 minutes after install on a light traction roll.
Fill out the email form here. https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/contact/
There's definitely room in the market for someone to swoop in and make some money on bumpers right now. TBR's new for 2021 30 day limited warranty pretty much takes away my motivation to buy their products. (I have 2 broken tbr bumpers on my bench at the moment).
Figures.

I wound up buying a T Bone Racing Guardian front bumper when they came back in stock. I’ve only had two hard hits so far, and nothing happened to the bumper. This version fits over the stock bumper on my Typhon 3S V3, using the stock bumper as support behind the TBR bumper. Only two screws in the skid plate need to be removed and reinstalled to mount the new bumper.

I wound up buying a T Bone Racing Guardian front bumper when they came back in stock. I’ve only had two hard hits so far, and nothing happened to the bumper. This version fits over the stock bumper on my Typhon 3S V3, using the stock bumper as support behind the TBR bumper. Only two screws in the skid plate need to be removed and reinstalled to mount the new bumper.
I believe the t-bone bumper is designed to replace the skid plate. Did you mount it under the skid plate instead?

I believe the t-bone bumper is designed to replace the skid plate. Did you mount it under the skid plate instead?
I originally thought that, but when I got it I found this version is designed to mount over the skid plate. The bumper comes with a longer screw for the rear mounting point to go through the bumper and skid plate into the chassis. On my V3 it fits perfectly flat against the skid plate and the existing front bumper.

I originally thought that, but when I got it I found this version is designed to mount over the skid plate. The bumper comes with a longer screw for the rear mounting point to go through the bumper and skid plate into the chassis. On my V3 it fits perfectly flat against the skid plate and the existing front bumper.
Hmm they redesigned it then, my Guardian bumper replaced the stock one.

I recently broke my front V2 Granite bumper after a year and a half of use. But before that it survived countless hard nose landings from over 10 feet up. I didn't like the Outcast 4s bumper because it doesn't use the bumper spring. It provides no cushion. I saw a video where a bad front impact cracked the shock tower. If you use the Granite bumper, I highly recommend stuffing the bumper spring with foam tape. Without foam tape, I broke 4 bumper springs in my first 4 runs. With foam tape, I haven't broken any.

Granite bumper works great. ARA320402
Hello folks, just joined this forum, looks like an excellent place for us RC nerds enthusiasts!

I'm looking for a front bumper for my Typhon 3s. I think there are 2 options from the advice shared by the folks above.

Am I right in thinking that both the Granite bumper ARA320402 & Outcast BLX 4s Z-AR320457 would both fit?

Thanks all
Dave

Hello folks, just joined this forum, looks like an excellent place for us RC nerds enthusiasts!

I'm looking for a front bumper for my Typhon 3s. I think there are 2 options from the advice shared by the folks above.

Am I right in thinking that both the Granite bumper ARA320402 & Outcast BLX 4s Z-AR320457 would both fit?

Thanks all
Dave
Yes all of the Arrma 1/10 4x4 bumpers are interchangeable.

Yes all of the Arrma 1/10 4x4 bumpers are interchangeable.
Are you sure these plates are interchangeable? The 4s series are bigger if I remember correctly.

Kraton 4s
Screenshot_20231118_084617_Chrome.jpg

Granite 3s
Screenshot_20231118_083351_Chrome.jpg

Here is my Typhon 3s with Granite bumper ARA320605 and spring set AR320410.

The standard skid plate accepted the bumper, it slotted straight in.

Luckily the spring came with some screws as I'm fairly new to this and not yet built any spares.

I used a little thread lock on the screw connecting the bumper to the skid plate, as I reused the same screw and it was looser than with the standard bumper.

Feels like it will protect the shocks better!

20231123_204038.jpg

20231123_204035.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back