Senton Already broke the front bumper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clan-of-Nowina

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
Still new to this
hobby and I gave the Senton to my son with the second battery, a 11.1V 5000mah. Last one was a 7.4V 5000mah. Well, he is still learning the controls, as I am also, but put it into a wall at speed. Told me he wished it had brakes. When I said it did, its was like haw? No big deal. It mostly survived. And yes, I had it on 50% but made the mistake of showing him that switch. So probably hit at about20-25mph. Now I get that 5his is normal, but there is a question here. I went online to Arrma and look up Senton parts. Found the Basher front end. Ordered it. Doesn’t work at all. So why is it listed with Senton parts and no description of what vehicles it fits. What with that? Did I have a senior moment? Or did I miss something? Just wondering.
Thanks,

Rob

You need to show him the brakes and all while it is on the bench. Off its wheels. Show him how to "Feather" the brakes, and not jam the trigger as well. How I taught my son and others new to the hobby. You cant just give the radio to anyone and say go for it, give it a try. Carnage is always guaranteed.
I had one friend who tried this hobby years back. Loved watching me drive and taking videos of it, so it looked easy to him. His main problem was the Steering. He always made turns right into walls, curbs and tress etc.:rolleyes: Opposite what he should be steering to. He couldn't understand which way to turn, either when it was facing him or facing away. I told him to make believe he is actually inside the RC driving it. This helped a lot.
Then it all becomes muscle memory from there. Takes hundreds of hours of wheel time for some of us to get it down.
But young kids do learn quicker IMO. And they have great Eye-Hand coordination and better reaction time, once they learn the fundamentals.
My now 14 yo son drives his 6s Infraction to 100 mph better than I drive my Lim. He never had any truly bad wrecks, yet I totaled my Lim 3 times.

Last edited:
Still new to this
hobby and I gave the Senton to my son with the second battery, a 11.1V 5000mah. Last one was a 7.4V 5000mah. Well, he is still learning the controls, as I am also, but put it into a wall at speed. Told me he wished it had brakes. When I said it did, its was like haw? No big deal. It mostly survived. And yes, I had it on 50% but made the mistake of showing him that switch. So probably hit at about20-25mph. Now I get that 5his is normal, but there is a question here. I went online to Arrma and look up Senton parts. Found the Basher front end. Ordered it. Doesn’t work at all. So why is it listed with Senton parts and no description of what vehicles it fits. What with that? Did I have a senior moment? Or did I miss something? Just wondering.
Thanks,

Rob
this is the part to replace the front bumper. https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/short-course-bumper-set/ARAC3443.html

there are also some more rubbery ones people 3d print on etsy that work very well and are nearly indestructible. https://www.etsy.com/listing/101929...sum=7b015253&ref=shop_home_feat_1&frs=1&sts=1

Also keep in mind plastic is more brittle in the cold.

Thanks. I already ordered, received and installed the factory part that broke. I also ordered the rubbery one from Etsy. I looked into this early on before my son had a turn at it. Im just surprised that the “Basher” bumper has such a horrible description that you aren’t even sure what model it’s for.

That EXB Basher Bumper can be made to fit just about any 6s Line model. But was generally known as an EXB model included bumper.

I will modify that basher bumper somehow. Got a great deal on it from Amazon so no real loss.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back