Fazon Recommended spare parts for Fazon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jala

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
I was thinking if I should have some kind of spare part kit available at home, but what would you recommend to have? Is there something that will break most likely? It would be nice to have at least some parts in garage ready.

I would recommend a spare steering servo (preferably a standard 3-wire servo). 80oz of torque or more should suffice. Also maybe a couple extra diff outdrive cups, as those seem to wear quickly on the Granite Voltage.

Any standard size servo will work. I believe the factory servo is a 25t spline.

Thank you. I ordered the SW230MG. I saw it referenced in another forum and I think it fits the Fazon, Granite ans Fury. Would be good to have on hand.

I would recommend a spare steering servo (preferably a standard 3-wire servo). 80oz of torque or more should suffice. Also maybe a couple extra diff outdrive cups, as those seem to wear quickly on the Granite Voltage.

You were absolutely right, first servo and SRS broke (they were replaced under warranty) and after that diff outdrive cup broke.

I've had Fazon since May, things broken so far:

-Body mount from front, doesn't affect driving since pin is missing only from one side
-Diff cups
-Diff, had to change internals since complete assembly was not available
-Antenna
-Servo, SRS (Under warranty as mentioned)
-Front shock broke off in two
-Engine wire snapped

I think it's advertised for bashing and it has been driven so, I'm not too convinced if reality meets adverts... Availability of spare parts don't exactly help with this situtation. Luckily parts are simple to change, except diff, you must take whole car to pieces to access it, really annoying. Good thing is that now all parts and car structure is now familiar.
Btw, just before front shock broke I did change oils to all of them, it really made car to have more traction and it took bumps really well. Stock oils were more like tar, both viscosity and looks. I used Ultimate Racing 700 for front and 600 for rear.

Nice car anyway if you think price vs features, but despite of that we have some plans with kids to update more durable car at some point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back