Redcat Ground Pounder rejuvenation project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
A ways back, the person who paints all my bodies gave me a Redcat Ground Pounder to rejuvenate. Now that I've sold and cleared some space in my collection, I'm finally getting around to it. It has four wheel steering and a brushed system in it. The front axle housing was pretty messed up, and a new one is ordered. Both housings are mounted to massive aftermarket aluminum protector blocks (seen resting on the front of the stand in the photo) The front one was in pretty bad shape from trying to mount a busted housing and keeping it together with tons of thread lock. Four of the 10 mounting screws snapped. I managed to get three out but the last one is a write off. Don't think it will hinder performance though. Also repurposed the body from my Redcat Everest 10 which fits nicely. It's got a brushed system in it now, and I'm not sure if I'll switch it out to brushless or not. Hope to update how it runs once the new housing comes in. Hard parts to find as this is a pretty old model. Found what I needed from a company called Crawford Industries online.
20240217_123447-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Back