Replacement servo ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banken

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Went for a bash today and the servo gears got shredded looking for good replacement. What do you guys recommend stock?or upgrade?

I'm presuming it's for the Outcast in your picture?? If so a Savox 1210 SG. And set your end points.

Also, look for previous threads first before starting a new one. Lots and lots of threads on this. ?

I keep hearing people having problems with the Savox. I'm wondering if they are the best choice

I keep hearing people having problems with the Savox. I'm wondering if they are the best choice

Really? Where? The only time I heard of a problem was from someone who never sent the endpoints and kept destroying them. Other thayln that, I've never heard of issues with Savox. They are a top brand.

A couple people in my area have had bad luck with them. I'm sure they are fine if most are happy with them. I hear the MKS with titanium gears are very good. I might give that a try.

I was thinking about the savox 1210 sg because i read about it in other posts. End points are set so this is not the problem. Gears from stock servo juist didn t hold up and think the steel gears that the savox comes with will hold

Really? Where? The only time I heard of a problem was from someone who never sent the endpoints and kept destroying them. Other thayln that, I've never heard of issues with Savox. They are a top brand.
Yeah what @bicketybam said. Every time I see someone having an issue with a Savox servo it is either user error or brown outs. Savox servos tend to be a bit power hungry and most rtr BECs do not provide enough amperage for the servos. Cheap and simple fix is a glitch buster capacitor https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...P8AGLgkg1PEX5RBls4NhlkaY-kG9tYpwaAipPEALw_wcB

On my revo I run dual 0231MG’s. Just about 100 runs on the car and 80 of which using those servos, no complaints they’re awesome.

On my revo I run dual 0231MG’s. Just about 100 runs on the car and 80 of which using those servos, no complaints they’re awesome.
One of the guys on the Summit group on Facebook is running dual 1230SGs in his. A combined 1000oz/in of torque lol.

I currently have a Savox SW-1211SG, only thing my LHS had in stock that did more than 200 oz/in at 6v. I can't wait until I get my Max8 so I can run this thing at 7.4v https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-...igital-steel-gear-servo-sav-sw-1211sg/p546936
Specifications:
Torque @ 6v:
15.0kg/208.3oz-in
Torque @ 7.4v: 15.0kg/347.2oz-in
Speed @ 6v: 0.10 sec/60 deg
Speed @ 7.4v: 0.08 sec/60 deg

If it was a direct bolt in(won't work with the stock servo mount as it will hit the chassis) and waterproof I would highly suggest the Savox 1230SG. https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-sa1230sg-tall-digital-steel-gear-servo-sav-sa-1230sg/p234358
To run this servo you need a tall servo mount, Voltage Hobbies, GKA and Alza Racing make these, some conformal coating and marine grease.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back