Senton Replacing rear diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickbackman59

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Running brushless Senton 4x4 3s
My gears in the rear diff went out, so I’m replacing it. Thought I had a replacement but it’s a 49t gear with 17t input
And it looks like I need 37t gear 13t input for stock.

I have 2.8 tires, everything else is basically stock.

My question is, would it be beneficial to use the 49t gear and 17t input? What impact would it have on the car or components?

Thanks for the help.

You have to keep the same diff ratio front and rear or it’s really hard on the center portion of the drivetrain. Those are very similar ratios, though. 2.88 vs. 2.85. You might get away with it with that little difference.
Wait for someone else to chime in, as I’m not too hip to the 4x4 line and someone is probably going to direct you to the best solution, as I know a lot of people have arrived at very good setups for those trucks.

I believe the 49/17 diff is from the mega line? I can't comment about whether it fits the blx trucks or not, and whether it is weaker than the blx diffs. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Regarding diff ratios: If you run different ratio diff gearing front and rear (including the gearing from the tires) then you are essentially dooming your slipper to be slipping or stressed 100% of the time. And if not your slipper (say it's tightened down pretty hard), then the stress between wheel speed has be resolved somewhere in your system. The weakest point in the drivetrain is, of course, the diffs, so expect those to have shortened life. Best to reorder the correct part.

I believe the 49/17 diff is from the mega line? I can't comment about whether it fits the blx trucks or not, and whether it is weaker than the blx diffs. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Regarding diff ratios: If you run different ratio diff gearing front and rear (including the gearing from the tires) then you are essentially dooming your slipper to be slipping or stressed 100% of the time. And if not your slipper (say it's tightened down pretty hard), then the stress between wheel speed has be resolved somewhere in your system. The weakest point in the drivetrain is, of course, the diffs, so expect those to have shortened life. Best to reorder the correct part.
Makes sense, if I increased the size of the tires do I need to change the diff or the slipper size or both?

Makes sense, if I increased the size of the tires do I need to change the diff or the slipper size or both?
If you increase tire size then you would drop down a tooth or two on your pinion gear. Less teeth on the pinion will reduce heat and strain on the drivetrain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back