Kraton Rear springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rixxie33

Reaction score
Need a stronger set of springs for kraton v2.5 rear. I have spacers now but it still squats bad.
Shocks are full of fluid.
Any recommendations?
Thank you.

Most say stick with the stock springs. Even when swapping to 6s shocks. Lots of good information here, just scroll down to the 4s section.

But for context, here is my current spacer stack for the rear on my 4sV2 with a #RCMadLabz Performance Chassis plate... Probably a lil heavier than yours, and yes she squats under power, but plenty of travel left for landing jumps under 5 feet high so far.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

17058433227867442628419032544995.jpg

Most say stick with the stock springs. Even when swapping to 6s shocks. Lots of good information here, just scroll down to the 4s section.

But for context, here is my current spacer stack for the rear on my 4sV2 with a #RCMadLabz Performance Chassis plate... Probably a lil heavier than yours, and yes she squats under power, but plenty of travel left for landing jumps under 5 feet high so far.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

View attachment 343658
Just get some 6s shocks off Jenny's.. won't have to worry about it again, besides tweaking/tuning!!
How many spacers do you have on there, 3?
Thank you for replying, ill check out that link today.

Need a stronger set of springs for kraton v2.5 rear. I have spacers now but it still squats bad.
Any recommendations?
Thank you.

Are you sure your shock shafts aren't bent?

Any recommendations?
Thank you.
For my FTX Tracer, I bought some springs from aliexpress.

Measure the length, diameter and wire thickness you have now and order some sets of springs with thicker wire thickness. Worked great for me.

Upgrade to 6s shocks is a good option, but costly, but you will have spring options available

New out of the box it just squats.
I don’t think it’s the spring stiffness. Unless somehow you got the wrong springs. If it’s not shock shafts like RazorRC suggested, something else isn’t right. A Kraton 4s should not squat excessively with spacers in.

For my FTX Tracer, I bought some springs from aliexpress.

Measure the length, diameter and wire thickness you have now and order some sets of springs with thicker wire thickness. Worked great for me.

Upgrade to 6s shocks is a good option, but costly, but you will have spring options available
It's not really that costly, in the big scope of things.
Go to JennysRC for them. What everyone else does.

How many spacers do you have on there, 3?
Thank you for replying, ill check out that link today.
1 zip tie 3 large spacers, 1 small one per rear shock. Something similar for the front too.
If I can find springs with a similar spring rate, but longer I'd be able to eliminate all of the spacers.

1 zip tie 3 large spacers, 1 small one per rear shock. Something similar for the front too.
If I can find springs with a similar spring rate, but longer I'd be able to eliminate all of the spacers.

Your spring would need to be longer and stiffer.

View attachment 343658

Excellent use of a zip tie sir

Back