Retreading tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popang

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Notorious
  3. Raider
  4. Typhon 6s
Have had great success retreading road wheels with 50mm reinforced rubber strips for my Typhon and XO-1. Wanting to try doing with off-road tires now but not sure of what to use for tread material. Leaning towards mountain bike tires as I've seen others use them with good results. A set of 4 Backflips in Australia can set you back $160AUD :(

Has anyone tried this, be it on or off road?

Have had great success retreading road wheels with 50mm reinforced rubber strips for my Typhon and XO-1. Wanting to try doing with off-road tires now but not sure of what to use for tread material. Leaning towards mountain bike tires as I've seen others use them with good results. A set of 4 Backflips in Australia can set you back $160AUD :(

Has anyone tried this, be it on or off road?
Interesting! I wouldnt know how to go about it.

What temps are you vulcanizing your rubber at and how long?

Not quite taking it that seriously. Why would you assume I am vulcanising anyway?

I'm using super glue and rubber glue then contouring the edges. Balancing after that. Took particular care in making sure the splice where the rubber met was reinforced well.

Haven't had any failures yet.

It wouldn’t be that hard to do. It would effectively give you a proper retread. You could do it in an outside oven. Supplies would be very cheap. I bet a retread shop would give you scrap pieces for free even. Look for a shop that does Oliver retreads.

Bumping this thread to the top. My stock tires are getting chewed up rather quickly and I have a couple bicycle tires laying around in the garage. I'm just a basher, but would love to do some more drifting on pavement or burnouts because... well just because. Anyone have any luck with this? Pics?

While we're talking about ridiculous tire mods anyone ever spray them with bed-liner or wrap them with gorilla tape or put screws in them to make them spark (maybe dangerous) or grease them up to make a smoke show?

Not trying to thread jack, but it looks like this was dead anyway. Mods- delete this and I'll make a new thread if you want.

Place your bets. Which tire will hold up longer? Wrapped and unbalanced or lighter retread? 🤣🤣
IMG_20220516_170530382.jpg
IMG_20220516_170510976.jpg
IMG_20220516_170536585.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back