Reuse tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 minutes and then check. Flip over for another 5, check. Rinse and repeat until the bead breaks. 200 degrees isn't hot enough. Trust me.
Got it in now at 265. Figured I would split the difference. If i put it in for a while and it doesn’t seem hot enough I will bump it to 300. Thanks Bam!

Got it in now at 265. Figured I would split the difference. If i put it in for a while and it doesn’t seem hot enough I will bump it to 300. Thanks Bam!
No problem ?? If you used 200 degree you have to leave it in there for the summer ?

No problem ?? If you used 200 degree you have to leave it in there for the summer ?
I already got impatient and moved it to 300F :LOL:
And the tire is off. 300F about 10 min flip for another 10 and left for another 5 because one spot seemed tough. That's it, old junk rim is out and the tire is still in perfect shape! Thanks to everyone who gave me their input. Might be a good time to ask what everyone likes for tire glue too.?.?

Last edited:
And the tire is off. 300F about 10 min flip for another 10 and left for another 5 because one spot seemed tough. That's it, old junk rim is out and the tire is still in perfect shape! Thanks to everyone who gave me their input. Might be a good time to ask what everyone likes for tire glue too.?.?
Bob Smith Industries IC-2000

That's what I'm talking about. Nothing melted, right? 300 isn't *that* hot. Not sure why people thought it would turn into a puddle of plastic and rubber ?

That's what I'm talking about. Nothing melted, right? 300 isn't *that* hot. Not sure why people thought it would turn into a puddle of plastic and rubber ?
While the wheels on most rtrs will not melt at 300*, wheels for 1/10 buggies and stadium trucks can. These were Team Associated RC10B4.1 wheels that I tried to dye, 5 minutes in boiling water did that :(
I'm not saying that anyone is right or anyone is wrong you just need to use caution is all. And yrmv.
LpIXnj1.jpg

While the wheels on most rtrs will not melt at 300*, wheels for 1/10 buggies and stadium trucks can. These were Team Associated RC10B4.1 wheels that I tried to dye, 5 minutes in boiling water did that :(
I'm not saying that anyone is right or anyone is wrong you just need to use caution is all. And yrmv.
View attachment 76634
I didn't realize he was baking off 1/10 buggy wheels ?‍♂️ Looks like he dodged a bullet.

I didn't realize he was baking off 1/10 buggy wheels ?‍♂️ Looks like he dodged a bullet.
Oh I didn't know what wheels he was doing. I've seen some wheels get eaten doing the Acetone method as well.

Oh I didn't know what wheels he was doing. I've seen some wheels get eaten doing the Acetone method as well.
If he used 200 degrees, he'd still have them in the oven. He used 300 like I suggested and it worked for him. I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong, but I'm right ?

Rims came in along with a 17T pinion. He is really happy with how it’s running and so am I. I have a 4s slipper coming and a 20T as well. I know what everyone says about these input gear coming apart but so far so good. Knock on wood!!

If he used 200 degrees, he'd still have them in the oven. He used 300 like I suggested and it worked for him. I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong, but I'm right ?
Yeah.

I was just tossing that out there for users to be careful when doing any of the aforementioned methods as you do run the risk of ruining the wheel and or tire if you are not careful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back