Rig of the Month contest discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't sound bad at all as long as somewhere on our profile it shows how many years we won .or show what years they won
Also think winners should get a rig of the month decal for their cars 👍😁
Agreed, off-road bashers and course bodies look and photo well for a short period of time. Not that on-road cars don’t get dinged, but they have much less purposeful opportunity.

The forum and sticker becomes a badge of honor for a body that’s been bashed to the point of replacement, so having that ROTM cert. always references the glamor shots during the glory days.

Last edited:
We should judge and vote based on how much money was spend on an rc? The most beautiful looking car is the one who wins. We can ask woodie about making a new competition called guts of the month or something. I don't think people care much if the car is powered by a XLXL 8s esc or a blx 185 in the rig of the month competition. The winners are cars with the best shot

We should judge and vote based on how much money was spend on an rc? The most beautiful looking car is the one who wins. We can ask woodie about making a new competition called guts of the month or something. I don't think people care much if the car is powered by a XLXL 8s esc or a blx 185 in the rig of the month competition. The winners are cars with the best shot
But a beautiful car will likely be one that is unique, and as a byproduct, does cost quite a bit. I’m sure a brand new notorious with the stock body wouldn’t win, since everyone is so accustomed to them. Or a new brushed mega wouldn’t win, since they’re not extraordinary.

But a beautiful car will likely be one that is unique, and as a byproduct, does cost quite a bit. I’m sure a brand new notorious with the stock body wouldn’t win, since everyone is so accustomed to them. Or a new brushed mega wouldn’t win, since they’re not extraordinary.
Yep

Most of these are super ugly to me 😂
Some are bone stock too.
Beauty is subjective.
I can only see one that may be stock. Most of the winning rigs have had a lot of time and effort put into them and this should not be played down. It's hard to show all the workmanship in one photo considering a good percentage of it is under the body. Unfortunately the photos without bodies tend to not get many votes. I guess because the rig is incomplete without it.

Last edited:
How about making the voting a poll and not opening it up for votes until all have entered which will make it more fair to everyone who is entered.
It is kinda difficult to see who is winning now but with a poll it will be displayed.
Just a thought.

I think this contest would be so much cooler if it required 2 pictures: one with body, and one without, showing off the internals nicely. It would allow for people who have decked out rigs with stock bodies to win.
How about making the voting a poll and not opening it up for votes until all have entered.
It is kinda difficult to see who is winning now but with a poll it will be displayed.
Just a thought.
I like this.I’d prefer a voting system where every voter has 1-2 votes..

A poll wouldn’t work without a lot of site modification, as it would require extensive new software.

My suggestion: remove reactions entirely, and have a simple google form voting system at the close of the contest, where voters can easily choose the rig (or two) that they think looks the best. It would not only make voting more organized, but also give each contestant a more fair entry, regardless of when they enter. People with <25 posts could possibly vote as well, if they verify their forum identity on the form, to show that they’re not casting multiple entries.
More importantly for the mods/devs, no site mods would be needed at all. Would just need a form to be opened with a list of username choices (doesn’t even have to be pictures of them) every close. And, if transparency is desired, the form could even allow the public to view the standings while it is open, not having to wait til the end to see who may win.

Last edited:
Appare3ntly there is a new "Voting" feature that can be implemented through XenForo (This sites platform company).

"Several content types in XenForo, including questions, suggestions and reviews, support up and down voting, rewarding the people who posted the content and allowing the best quality content to be highlighted."
https://xenforo.com/features/content/

I think that a lot is being missed in this thread. The whole concept of the Rig of the Month came from the Arrma Rc Hall of Fame. People have been tagging Arrma since the Hall Of Fame was still part of their website. Each week, people would go to the site to see if one of their pics had been shared. They upped the ante when they started their Instagram page and so many more people had access to the photos. @TpPartsRcXtreme and @reubydobbe were some of the first to have their photos shared. Fast forward to 2020 or 2021 and the Arrma Instagram page created a contest. Each month, 32 photos are chosen to compete in the monthly HOF competition. Arrma still shares thousands of photos in their stories, but getting an HOF banner means you will compete and be judged at the end of each month. The Forum ROTM is working well and doesn'tneed fixing. Take pride in your pictures, stock or customized, and you'll always have a chance. And in case youre wondering, no, I have never one the monthly HOF Arrma competition
Screenshot_20230623_165530_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230519_093333_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230420_101546_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230209_062417_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221231_163858_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221110-065200_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221003-192644_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220921-211759_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220814-220534_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220621-142154_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220305-075757_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220221-092545_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220104-095642_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211224-110204_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211101-225826_Instagram.jpg

I would say I pretty much agree with @Notorious J. The Rig of the Month has worked very well for us and has been doing so for a while now.

I have zero intention or interest in creating a new photo of the month contest or requiring people to submit two photos - one of their rig and another of the "insides". The point of the RotM isn't how much money have you spent or even how "nice" of a photo you can take. The point is to have fun, to show off your Arrma RC and how you've made it yours. That could be a complete custom build or just a great shot of you having a blast with your RC.

I understand there will be those that will be upset because their rig didn't win, but there is no rule that says you can't take that same photo and re-submit to another monthly RotM contest. It's only when you win, can you not submit a photo again for another year.

Now if you submit and re-submit and still don't win, then I don't know what else to tell you other than the users might not like the photo as much as you do. Maybe try another one. In the end this is just to have fun and we're only talking about a banner and $50 here. This isn't that serious of a contest... like any other contest we have here - just for fun.

There are however 2 or 3 things that I would like to change on the RotM:

1. Prevent voting / reactions until after all photos have been submitted - I'm mixed on this one. First it's not possible out of the box so custom coding would need to be done, but I can also see where engagement on the thread would be pretty low at the end vs when people keep getting notifications of new photos submitted.

2. Making the RotM banner a year long award - the rules prevent current winners from winning again until 12 months after they've won. I think the banner should be follow the same manner. This makes it easier for me to see who is and isn't eligible to win and it keeps engagement higher for those members that love to collect banners. ;)

3. Linking the RotM banner - I'd like to work out a way to make the RotM banner (as mentioned above) also link to your months winning contest thread. Similar to how the "Build Thread Contributor" banner works.

1. Prevent voting / reactions until after all photos have been submitted - I'm mixed on this one. First it's not possible out of the box so custom coding would need to be done, but I can also see where engagement on the thread would be pretty low at the end vs when people keep getting notifications of new photos submitted.
One possible idea (not a perfect solution as it requires some manual work)
You have a submission window of time where you collect the photos.
Assign each a number and post their picture with the associated number. Then let the voting occur through a poll.

One possible idea (not a perfect solution as it requires some manual work)
You have a submission window of time where you collect the photos.
Assign each a number and post their picture with the associated number. Then let the voting occur through a poll.
Good idea

🙋Another possible idea. How about having two RotM contests , one for off road arrma vehicles and one for on road arrma vehicles? I believe this would give both worlds a fare chance .Another idea to kick it up a notch would be at the end of the year take all them winners and have a simple poll on the grand winner .The Rig of the year 👍 .@WoodiE ik what your thinking, 🤔that's a lot of prizes .well there doesn't have to be any..I'm sure 90 percent of us on here just want the bragging rights. .That banner to most of us is worth more than the prize.as far as I'm concerned ,the banner is the prize..😁👍

I know this is a Rotm thread, but in the giveaway contest, I don't recognise a lot of the users that have entered. Are they bots or new members that are just here for the giveaway? Seems a lot of usually silent users crawl out of the woodwork. Am I wrong and reading into it too much?

Last edited:
I know this is a Rotm thread, but in the giveaway contest, I don't recognise a lot of the users that have entered. Are they bots or new members that are just here for the giveaway? Seems a lot of usually silent users crawl out of the woodwork. Am I wrong and reading into it too much?

You are correct.

Back