Rig of the Month contest discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is a Rotm thread, but in the giveaway contest, I don't recognise a lot of the users that have entered. Are they bots or new members that are just here for the giveaway? Seems a lot of usually silent users crawl out of the woodwork. Am I wrong and reading into it too much?
Nope you are not wrong.i noticed also a tremendous amount of new names in that give away.i suppose free stuff allways brings people out of wood work lol.🤷if I was running this forum i would only have daily active membership qualify for a drawing.But it's not my forum and I'm not the one that supplied this lovely gorgeous Typhon 😍 so not my call ..

My photo was deleted but I am sure I met the deadline. Posted on the 24th. I So I posted another today deleted. I would never win anyhow.

My photo was deleted but I am sure I met the deadline. Posted on the 24th. I So I posted another today deleted. I would never win anyhow.
Your photo was deleted, twice, due to violation of the RotM rules, more specifically:

5. Do not submit photos taken using portrait mode (up and down). These photos are unusable for the Rig of the Month, and it's simply bad practice to begin with. The photos should be submitted in landscape (wider than taller) mode. If you submit a photo in portrait mode, it will be deleted it and it will not be included in the contest.

Everyone should do better about reading the details of the first post in the RotM contests and giveaways. We have to delete posts and entries all the time in both cases because people just don't read the entire post.

Mrs T. Explained to me what portrait mode is. I did read the rules. Ignorance is excuse of the law. Next time I will do it correctly. Thanks for getting back to me. Sincerely Mike. (y) At least now I can vote for another one. Ha. I still win.

Mrs T. Explained to me what portrait mode is. I did read the rules. Ignorance is excuse of the law. Next time I will do it correctly. Thanks for getting back to me. Sincerely Mike. (y) At least now I can vote for another one. Ha. I still win.

:ROFLMAO:

It happens. Glad you're good to go and look forward to your RotM photo submission next month.

For what it's worth, I literally just removed another RotM entry - why? Because someone else didn't read the rules and thus didn't know they were supposed to submit photos by the 25th. haha

I will get it right next time. My problem was the portrait photo I submitted on the 24th. I joined up on the same day as a Premium member. Since then, I plan on coming here more often. :cool: Now I'm hooked.

Asked MSs T why it matters when I take a photo, if its up and down, or sideways. She did not know why. Can you explain it to me? My thinking is a photo is a photo. I don't even know what photoshop is. Sucks not knowing. Oh well. All I can do is try.
20230727_143831_resized_1.jpg

So is this a snake? So according to the rules it's not acceptable. I really don't understand. :mad: m
20190520_151946_resized_1.jpg
20190520_142224_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:
So a momma feeding her baby. A snake in the same proximity. And my photos don't count? Because I did not angle the phone correctly. ? By the way. They are real birds. That is a real snake. This car got booted.
20230715_080335_resized.jpg

Are my photos not real?

So a momma feeding her baby. A snake in the same proximity. And my photos don't count? Because I did not angle the phone correctly. ? By the way. They are real birds. That is a real snake. This car got booted.View attachment 313795
Are my photos not real?
Chill out, dude. Basically, when entering in ROTM, your photo must be wider than it is tall.

Like this:
POLICE felony.jpeg

So a momma feeding her baby. A snake in the same proximity. And my photos don't count? Because I did not angle the phone correctly. ? By the way. They are real birds. That is a real snake. This car got booted.View attachment 313795
Are my photos not real?

I missed all the previous posts...

But, let's all calm down.
Simple forum rules..
Are rules that All should abide by. It's not to pick on anyone in particular.

It's just like having an age restriction or clothing attire** for contests ,etc etc.

Nothing to get upset over.
Not everyone can be hot supermodels or photogenic in general.

For example -Bikini contest.
(Must be 18+ years old, wear bikinis)

IF person meets the age requirement but decided to not wear a bikini and instead dress up in a burqa & insist on joining in on the fun..

Then don't be surprised if you're not admitted to participate in said contests. 🤷‍♂️

I get it , I did not try to cheat. Thanks. (y) But the birds and snake are real.😆

I get it , I did not try to cheat. Thanks. (y)

Oh.. nobody was saying/implying of anyone cheating.

Just that the AF rules required all Contest submissions be in "landscape orientation" , that was all. 🤠🍺👍

Rules are rules. I get it now, (y) Watch out for next time. :cool: Ha. Still like the whole thing.
I missed all the previous posts...

But, let's all calm down.
Simple forum rules..
Are rules that All should abide by. It's not to pick on anyone in particular.

It's just like having an age restriction or clothing attire** for contests ,etc etc.

Nothing to get upset over.
Not everyone can be hot supermodels or photogenic in general.

For example -Bikini contest.
(Must be 18+ years old, wear bikinis)

IF person meets the age requirement but decided to not wear a bikini and instead dress up in a burqa & insist on joining in on the fun..

Then don't be surprised if you're not admitted to participate in said contests. 🤷‍♂️
If I were a bikini in public, I would be arrested. (y) I won't do that again.

Back