Rig of the Month contest discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all do.
Well, of course everyone wants to win. But if I'm being completely honest, it's also about the tension of how an image is accepted and evaluated that you post. Simply taking part.
If you win you can't post a picture for a year, that's hard :)

Well, of course everyone wants to win. But if I'm being completely honest, it's also about the tension of how an image is accepted and evaluated that you post. Simply taking part.
If you win you can't post a picture for a year, that's hard :)
Tell me about it. 🤣

Ah common guys, give a chance to the less able to make killer paint jobs or custom work. I can fix almost anything, even make my own part sometimes or add some beef when needed, but when it comes to art and looking better, I'm a dud. Lol

I have until October on this board. And right now it looks like 3 of us are in the running for the 1 year block at rctalk in a few more days...
Still too close and early to guess. I have been in the top 3 a few times but didn't win.

Ah common guys, give a chance to the less able to make killer paint jobs or custom work. I can fix almost anything, even make my own part sometimes or add some beef when needed, but when it comes to art and looking better, I'm a dud. Lol
I can't do flames, 2 tone, or even be close to the top tier. But I won it. Trust, if I can do it anyone can. 🤣

Still too close and early to guess. I have been in the top 3 a few times but didn't win

Same here, w/ other rigs. Can't believe my Gorgon is up there. Just a Gorgon. Far from stock & the box art. The stock tires are awful.

Last edited:
There have been a fair number of winners that looked stock or close to stock. Setting and background can make a big difference. NotoroiousJ won with a picture of only the bottom of the chassis and tires, but the picture was great with it blasting dirt straight up in the air.

Same here, w/ other rigs. Can't believe my Gorgon is up there. Just a Gorgon. Far from stock & the box art. The stock tires are awful.

Its not just a Gorgon anymore, its a Gorgon with Fling Kings!!! :cool:

There have been a fair number of winners that looked stock or close to stock. Setting and background can make a big difference. NotoroiousJ won with a picture of only the bottom of the chassis and tires, but the picture was great with it blasting dirt straight up in the air.
Its not just a Gorgon anymore, its a Gorgon with Fling Kings!!! :cool:
Thanks man! It really doesn't look like the RTR at all anymore or drive like it either. 30k diff grease. 23kg servo. Senton rear shocks. 500cst front on the stockers. Brushless. It bashes like a tame 2wd Notorious!

The setting can make or break the photo for sure. It's hard to get a good action shot so NotoriousJ did well.

My favourite is still the very first winner of AR rotm. Flames77 with his awesome customised Infraction in that great photo. The car, background, foreground and sunset all looks great. He set a very high standard for the AF rotm with that entry.
1000006973.jpg

The setting can make or break the photo for sure. It's hard to get a good action shot so NotoriousJ did well.

My favourite is still the very first winner of AR rotm. Flames77 with his awesome customised Infraction in that great photo. The car, background, foreground and sunset all looks great. He set a very high standard for the AF rotm with that entry.
View attachment 368004
I had my spot picked for a long time, I just couldn't ever get the sun to cooperate to illuminate the mountains in the back ground, for the country we seem to have alot of smog.

Back