Notorious RPM Bumper with Typhon 6s bumper on Notorious. Cleaner look.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw extraction kit. I use em for work! ?
Yep, only $5 or so. It's also worth investing in a good tap handle, and M3/M4 drill bits & taps. Come in real handy for making your own mounting holes, or just starting threads on plastic pieces that are new.

Well I finally got out to bash a little after installing the Typhon bumper as a replacement for the stock Notorious bumper bar. Well after a very light curb hit the suspension pins popped out of the mounts. I thought no biggie and put it back just for it to happen again like 30 seconds later. After inspecting to better (in the dark with a flashlight during the blackout here in Cali) I realized I had forgotten to put screws into the front suspension hanger. (DUH!) Since the screws used to go through the bumper bar I didnt even think of putting some back in. Well that was why it kept happening. Of course this did a bit of damage to the mounts when it popped out so I decided to try out the Hot racing aluminum front and rears. I know this just places the stress somewhere else, but I decided to try them out.
Sucks that you forgot those bolts, but live and learn. About the aluminum mounts, I just bought all new for the whole truck. When you get into real hard bashing and super high jumping, those stock mounts just crumble like cookies. Path of least resistance leads to my wallet, so at this point, we'll just fix what breaks next while using the new mounts.

Sucks that you forgot those bolts, but live and learn. About the aluminum mounts, I just bought all new for the whole truck. When you get into real hard bashing and super high jumping, those stock mounts just crumble like cookies. Path of least resistance leads to my wallet, so at this point, we'll just fix what breaks next while using the new mounts.

Most likely going to get the same mounts for my Typhon 6s as well. Also TBR just released the redesigned chassis skid so I ordered that as well. Wonder whats different.

Most likely going to get the same mounts for my Typhon 6s as well. Also TBR just released the redesigned chassis skid so I ordered that as well. Wonder whats different.
I went a different route for the skid
1570948168327.png

I went a different route for the skid
View attachment 50718

Cool. What I like about the TBR one is that it covers the whole bottom, and even if you don't have the bumpers it comes with front and rears as well. So the entire bottom is protected. That is until the delrin gets destroyed.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 47
Cool. What I like about the TBR one is that it covers the whole bottom, and even if you don't have the bumpers it comes with front and rears as well. So the entire bottom is protected. That is until the delrin gets destroyed.
That one screw by the motor is a pain in the ass. I stopped using mine.

Yep! I wonder how the diff case is gonna hold up. You know somethings gotta give. I put extra long counter sunk screws in my rr & rf hanger, just to fill that entire length along the diff case. Figured it would help distribute the load. You still running composite cases? Or did you get the HR ones?

Yep! I wonder how the diff case is gonna hold up. You know somethings gotta give. I put extra long counter sunk screws in my rr & rf hanger, just to fill that entire length along the diff case. Figured it would help distribute the load. You still running composite cases? Or did you get the HR ones?
Composite front and HR rear. Also using longer screws in the composite, but I switched to cap head screws so I can use my 2.5mm driver. I had too many of the smaller screws strip when trying to take them out of the gear box. I know the holes are counter sunk, but I just make sure the screws are good and snug.

Rather than start a new thread I just decided to add this here. Just a few pics of the same bumper combo (Stock Typhon with RPM) on my Notorious. But now with the 2 front Hot racing aluminum suspension mounts. I love how they install with the ends of the hinge pins completely covered, and how they use grub screws to stop the pins from moving. Might get the rears as well. But for now my Notorious is done. (Yeah right) :sneaky: :sneaky: . Are they ever really done? I have just barely even started on my Typhon 6s. Ill be starting another thread for the parts, upgrades, etc. Ive already have for it. Hint, 2 three letter companies.

Attachments

• 20191017_194922.jpg
    20191017_194922.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 36
  • 20191016_065747.jpg
    20191016_065747.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20191017_195025.jpg
    20191017_195025.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 38
Where is this on the website? I don’t see it under outcast or notorious. I must be blind.

Where is this on the website? I don’t see it under outcast or notorious. I must be blind.

Your not blind. For awhile they completely removed it and said they were redesigning it. Its now listed in the Typhon 6s section even though the title says its for the Outcast. Here you go. https://tboneracing.net/collections...tcs-removable-thin-chassis-skid-arrma-outcast

Just picked up another one for my Typhon so both my cars chassis's will be protected. The picture they have doesn't even come close to showing what it actually comes with. It comes with front, rear, and chassis skids. And the large double sided tape you have to cut. I don't even use that. I just use the skids. Edited to add pic.

Attachments

• 20191017_210308.jpg
    20191017_210308.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 37
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back