Notorious RPM Bumper with Typhon 6s bumper on Notorious. Cleaner look.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Ive had the TBR 10093 bumper on my Notorious for awhile, but didnt like that it bolted into the diff case. So I decided to try out the RPM bumper, but I also used a Typhon 6s bumper to hold in the hinge pins. Looks a lot cleaner to me rather than using the stock Notorious front bumper bar. Heres a few pics.

20191006_141213.jpg
20191006_141443.jpg
20191006_142701.jpg
20191006_143336.jpg

Ive had the TBR 10093 bumper on my Notorious for awhile, but didnt like that it bolted into the diff case. So I decided to try out the RPM bumper, but I also used a Typhon 6s bumper to hold in the hinge pins. Looks a lot cleaner to me rather than using the stock Notorious front bumper bar. Heres a few pics.

View attachment 50104View attachment 50105View attachment 50106View attachment 50107
Looks good. Just have to wonder how long the four mounting screws will hold it on. My 3S bumpers pull the heads through the soft plastic. Has it taken any hits yet? Wondering if the RPM holds up better than the TBR.

Looks good. Just have to wonder how long the four mounting screws will hold it on. My 3S bumpers pull the heads through the soft plastic. Has it taken any hits yet? Wondering if the RPM holds up better than the TBR.
The RPM is definitely holding up better. The only reason I changed mine was pure wear and tear on the skid area. RPM has dimples that fill the countersink cavity in the chassis, which helps the screws to seat better. Haven't stripped on gearbox since switching to the RPM. Also, its design might not be pretty, but the bumper is almost indestructible. You know how hard I try, but this bumper is still beating me. I'll keep trying?

The RPM is definitely holding up better. The only reason I changed mine was pure wear and tear on the skid area. RPM has dimples that fill the countersink cavity in the chassis, which helps the screws to seat better. Haven't stripped on gearbox since switching to the RPM. Also, its design might not be pretty, but the bumper is almost indestructible. You know how hard I try, but this bumper is still beating me. I'll keep trying?
Good to know. If/when I get a 6S basher I will keep this info in mind.

Good to know. If/when I get a 6S basher I will keep this info in mind.
Oh, and when I say changed, I mean from one RPM to another. I still have the first one in a drawer, just in case. The skid area is ribbed, and once they wear down, you have to keep an eye on the screw heads. I could still use the old one if I was only bashing on dirt and grass, but there's been a lot of concrete, asphalt and hard packed screening surfaces in the mix lately. Talk about high friction surfaces. I'm surprised the M2C chassis is still holding on, but the bottom has definitely seen some shaving happening.

Just installed so no hits yet. Will update.

I’ve been a pretty vocal opponent of RPM but I think TBR May even be worse. At least RPM seems to have better designed items, even if they require you to finish cooking them. ?

I ripped my boltheads through my RPM skid pretty early on with my outcast. Then I put steel plates I countersunk across it for the 4 bolts and used longer bolts. When I got the M2C chassis, it's thicker and I didn't have long enough bolts to compensate, ripped 2 of them out the last time I ran. I just finished replacing my front diff/bulk/tower so now I have new diffs end to end in it with the arrma alloy diff case I fought and fought with.

Hoping to go bang it around a bit at a different bmx track tomorrow.

I ripped my boltheads through my RPM skid pretty early on with my outcast. Then I put steel plates I countersunk across it for the 4 bolts and used longer bolts. When I got the M2C chassis, it's thicker and I didn't have long enough bolts to compensate, ripped 2 of them out the last time I ran. I just finished replacing my front diff/bulk/tower so now I have new diffs end to end in it with the arrma alloy diff case I fought and fought with.

Hoping to go bang it around a bit at a different bmx track tomorrow.

A different BMX track? Your lucky. I don't even have one near me. Well not one I could use. Theres an amazing one right here in town, but its gated and for BMX only. Still looking for a great bash spot. I did find a decent skate park though which is cool. I didnt even know it was there until recently.

Yeah I can’t seem to find a single BMX track near me. There’s a private motocross track less than 5 miles away, but I would have to buy a motocross membership to run there and the track isn’t groomed for RCs

I was there for 2 minutes and got kicked out... apparently they do not allow RC's there. Saw a couple guys working on a building near by and didn't notice the other guys working at the far end of the track, were working on the track. It's a public track, but apparently privately maintained. I had gone there 5 or 6 times over the past 10 years. This was the first time I saw anyone there. Not sure when they maintain it, but it looked pretty much the same any time I went, not great, but still fun. Anyway, stung a bit considering it was a 1 hour 20 minute drive there... was an hour from the other bmx track I can run at and had car issues, then limped my car home. Disappointing day all around.
Yeah I can’t seem to find a single BMX track near me. There’s a private motocross track less than 5 miles away, but I would have to buy a motocross membership to run there and the track isn’t groomed for RCs
I ran at one of those a few times, was an indoor MX track. Back when I ran nitro's. We were able to run there whenever the place wasn't rented out as one of the guys I bashed with supplied the owner dirt. As long as we didn't crank up the fans and turn on all the lights, we were able to run. Only went 3 or 4 times, but it was fun just the same. No fans, nitrous fumes from our trucks, dirt/dust in the air without fans... we all got filthy and had stinging eyes. By the time we all came home, we looked like coal miners.

I was there for 2 minutes and got kicked out... apparently they do not allow RC's there. Saw a couple guys working on a building near by and didn't notice the other guys working at the far end of the track, were working on the track. It's a public track, but apparently privately maintained. I had gone there 5 or 6 times over the past 10 years. This was the first time I saw anyone there. Not sure when they maintain it, but it looked pretty much the same any time I went, not great, but still fun. Anyway, stung a bit considering it was a 1 hour 20 minute drive there... was an hour from the other bmx track I can run at and had car issues, then limped my car home. Disappointing day all around.

I ran at one of those a few times, was an indoor MX track. Back when I ran nitro's. We were able to run there whenever the place wasn't rented out as one of the guys I bashed with supplied the owner dirt. As long as we didn't crank up the fans and turn on all the lights, we were able to run. Only went 3 or 4 times, but it was fun just the same. No fans, nitrous fumes from our trucks, dirt/dust in the air without fans... we all got filthy and had stinging eyes. By the time we all came home, we looked like coal miners.

Id be willing to live with black lung to have a track to drive on. :sneaky:

Well I finally got out to bash a little after installing the Typhon bumper as a replacement for the stock Notorious bumper bar. Well after a very light curb hit the suspension pins popped out of the mounts. I thought no biggie and put it back just for it to happen again like 30 seconds later. After inspecting to better (in the dark with a flashlight during the blackout here in Cali) I realized I had forgotten to put screws into the front suspension hanger. (DUH!) Since the screws used to go through the bumper bar I didnt even think of putting some back in. Well that was why it kept happening. Of course this did a bit of damage to the mounts when it popped out so I decided to try out the Hot racing aluminum front and rears. I know this just places the stress somewhere else, but I decided to try them out.

I have beat the living crap out of my RPM. No issues.
Yep! Just hate how often I'm replacing the rear RPM skid. Got a hilarious, pinch every penny you can, solution to it. I like the 7075 ones makers like GKA have, but have heard mixed reviews, and everyone has the RPM skids.

Yep! Just hate how often I'm replacing the rear RPM skid. Got a hilarious, pinch every penny you can, solution to it. I like the 7075 ones makers like GKA have, but have heard mixed reviews, and everyone has the RPM skids.
I made a steel plate to go on both my front/rear skids. Can't remember how thick, probably 3/16" with the screws countersunk. Takes quite a while for steel to grind down at the skate parks. If I didn't have those on all 3 of my revos, outcast and stampede, my skids don't last much longer than a couple bash sessions. The concrete on the face of most of the jumps is very coarse and chews right through them.

I got the M2C rear skid protector when I ordered the M2C chassis to go over my t-bone skid on the rear. One bash at the skate park and it's already ground down flush to the heads on the rear 2 screws. Once it wears down, I'll make a new steel one.

Looks hack, but helps them last longer.
2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

This was after a month of running at a couple skate parks with the steel one:
2018-0816-Outcast-SkidPlateWear04.jpg

I'm not 100% sure why I even bothered trying the M2C one... I think I was just lazy as I don't have an angle grinder or anything to bevel the leading edge. Just a hand hack saw, drill and dremel. It's a pain grinding down the leading edge so it doesn't snag on every rock I go over.

I made a steel plate to go on both my front/rear skids. Can't remember how thick, probably 3/16" with the screws countersunk. Takes quite a while for steel to grind down at the skate parks. If I didn't have those on all 3 of my revos, outcast and stampede, my skids don't last much longer than a couple bash sessions. The concrete on the face of most of the jumps is very coarse and chews right through them.

I got the M2C rear skid protector when I ordered the M2C chassis to go over my t-bone skid on the rear. One bash at the skate park and it's already ground down flush to the heads on the rear 2 screws. Once it wears down, I'll make a new steel one.

Looks hack, but helps them last longer.
2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

This was after a month of running at a couple skate parks with the steel one:
2018-0816-Outcast-SkidPlateWear04.jpg

I'm not 100% sure why I even bothered trying the M2C one... I think I was just lazy as I don't have an angle grinder or anything to bevel the leading edge. Just a hand hack saw, drill and dremel. It's a pain grinding down the leading edge so it doesn't snag on every rock I go over.

How the heck do you get those screws out? Dremel drill?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back