Granite RPM Front A Arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airontay

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Have a question about the little screws that come with the RPM A Arms. They will not fit into the back and the pin continues to slide out during some bashing. What are you all doing to keep the pin in there? I apologize of this has been addressed in other posts, but I have found anything from the searches in the different topics.

Thanks for the help.
This is the pan screw I mentioned.

20190530_155144.jpg
54211630_10213494813711824_2801363771384135680_n~2.jpg

Last edited:
The screw goes in the same side and hole that you push the pin through, you might have to push the pin in further with the tip of your screwdriver a little bit.

The screw goes in the same side and hole that you push the pin through, you might have to push the pin in further with the tip of your screwdriver a little bit.

So the screw doesn't go in from the side in pic? The screw seems really small for the hole that I have shown.

So the screw doesn't go in from the side in pic? The screw seems really small for the hole that I have shown.
The screw goes in the hole right behind the pin in the a arm. When you put the hinge pin in the a arm it goes in through a hole in the a arm, push the pin in until it stops it should be in the a arm a few mm, now put the screw in that hole, you are also tapping the threads as you drive in the screw so it will be a little hard. Just get it in there straight.

On my factory A-arms on my Granite BLX, these screws are in an adjacent hole, right next to the pin hole. ??‍♂️

"RPM A-arms do not have a hole for
an offset screw
to retain the outer hinge pins. Instead we use an in-line screw. Slip the hinge pin in place then follow the hinge pin with the included #6 Pan Head Screw. Caution: Do not overtighten the screw."

Are you sure the hole seems too small? Does it hold well enough? I interpreted the above to mean that is has to go in following the pin.

Last edited:
an offset screw
to retain the outer hinge pins. Instead we use an in-line screw. Slip the hinge pin in place then follow the hinge pin with the included #6 Pan Head Screw. Caution: Do not overtighten the screw."

Are you sure the hole seems too small, but does it hold well enoigh? I interpreted the above to mean that is has to go in following the pin.

That makes sense then. The factory uses the offset screw. Never owned the RPM versions... yet.

The pan screw that came in the bag is too small for the hole. It just turns and doesn't tighten down. I end up just covering it up with some tape for now.
an offset screw

Are you sure the hole seems too small, but does it hold well enoigh? I interpreted the above to mean that is has to go in following the pin.

The screw is smaller than the hole and just spins.

The pan screw that came in the bag is too small for the hole. It just turns and doesn't tighten down. I end up just covering it up with some tape for now.

The screw is smaller than the hole and just spins.

That's a bummer. Hopefully you can find a screw that works!

Just get a bigger screw. I had the same thing on my ECX, found some fatter button screws in my Drawer of Many Screws and voila.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back