Kraton RPM HD Wing Mount DIY Wheelie Bar!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyrus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
Alright folks I finally (cooked up with one of the guys working at my LHS) found an almost factory looking solution to the RPM HD wing mount’s lack of wheelie bar options. Arrma part number AR320366. I’ll probably snap it off on the first hard landing but until then I’ll enjoy it!!! Don’t mind my junkyard of a workbench and if you decide to do something similar, make cleaner and straighter cuts than I did. 🤣 I used an oscillating multitool for all the cuts, Dremel would be an option as well.

IMG_0267.jpeg

IMG_0250.jpeg
IMG_0251.jpeg
IMG_0252.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg
IMG_0257.jpeg

Alright folks I finally (cooked up with one of the guys working at my LHS) found an almost factory looking solution to the RPM HD wing mount’s lack of wheelie bar options. Arrma part number AR320366. I’ll probably snap it off on the first hard landing but until then I’ll enjoy it!!! Don’t mind my junkyard of a workbench and if you decide to do something similar, make cleaner and straighter cuts than I did. 🤣 I used an oscillating multitool for all the cuts, Dremel would be an option as well.

View attachment 328659

View attachment 328660View attachment 328661View attachment 328662View attachment 328663View attachment 328664View attachment 328665View attachment 328666

Now That deserves a Beer! 🍺
Nice hack job 👌

Love this mod! I was just about to do it when I realized my kraton has been wheeling just fine without it , at least on grass. Is it better with the wheels? I thought it actually might be more stable to wheelie without since its riding on a wider area (the wing) instead of a narrow wheelie bar. Just thoughts.... what do you guys think?

Love this mod! I was just about to do it when I realized my kraton has been wheeling just fine without it , at least on grass. Is it better with the wheels? I thought it actually might be more stable to wheelie without since its riding on a wider area (the wing) instead of a narrow wheelie bar. Just thoughts.... what do you guys think?
I think the wing may do better on grass, on pavement I would say wheels. Just depends whether or not the wing tries to dig into the ground. Also, shortly after this mod, RPM released this wheelie bar for that HD mount. 🤦

https://rpmrcproducts.com/shop/chassis-components/chassis-accessories/arrma-hd-wheelie-bars/

I think the wing may do better on grass, on pavement I would say wheels. Just depends whether or not the wing tries to dig into the ground. Also, shortly after this mod, RPM released this wheelie bar for that HD mount. 🤦

https://rpmrcproducts.com/shop/chassis-components/chassis-accessories/arrma-hd-wheelie-bars/
$20+ lol ... yeah. I'd mount the wheels right to the wing find before I'd buy that. Especially when theres a free hack. You think it'll work better [be more stable] with wing wheels by the way?

$20+ lol ... yeah. I'd mount the wheels right to the wing find before I'd buy that. Especially when theres a free hack. You think it'll work better [be more stable] with wing wheels by the way?
That’s actually a really interesting idea! On the ends of the wing? Might look a little strange but I bet it would work really good.

Back