Kraton RPM or T Bone front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you break down how you used the stock bumper and the T-bone?
Would think double protection is good (that what she said) ?
Pics please..... And is yours a v3 Kraton? What version stock bumper?

Appreciate
In the package there should be longer screws that’s came with bumper, flip car over and remove 4screws easy pezzy.
I have typhon should be same
In the package there should be longer screws that’s came with bumper, flip car over and remove 4screws easy pezzy.

Attachments

• C7DB1BA7-5A42-43ED-B209-B0295ED265CA.png
    C7DB1BA7-5A42-43ED-B209-B0295ED265CA.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
I have ditched the T-bone racing bumper designed for the Typhon, which I installed on the Kraton and Outcast. What would happen is that the small stock bumper would break right off (breaking the bulkhead or loosing suspension lower pins in the process) but the Tbone bumper would stay behind with no damage? I since installed the Tbone racing TBR XV4 on my Kraton and it has worked way better so far. I'm currently waiting for my XV4 for my Outcast.

I had the XV4 2.0 on my Kraton and it survived some really gnarly hits. I snapped it off as others mentioned but T-Bone honored the warranty and sent me a replacement. I changed the screws that hold the bumper to the hinge pin block to M5’s.

Attachments

• 98F33079-A46F-4B23-90F2-1814B3E242C7.jpeg
    468.2 KB · Views: 52
I had the XV4 2.0 on my Kraton and it survived some really gnarly hits. I snapped it off as others mentioned but T-Bone honored the warranty and sent me a replacement. I changed the screws that hold the bumper to the hinge pin block to M5’s.
Interesting
you have any pics of how it looks with the m5's now and part number/pic for the m5's?....sorry new to get back into hobbie

thanks
Thanks
Love the black/red combo on the truck BTW.....looks ace

Interesting
you have any pics of how it looks with the m5's now and part number/pic for the m5's?....sorry new to get back into hobbie

thanks

Thanks
Love the black/red combo on the truck BTW.....looks ace

Something weird is going on. This keeps quoting the last part about the color and it’s not even part of your reply???

Looks like I only have 1 pic that shows the M5’s. I sold and no longer have it. I sold it to an AF member though.

The only reason I changed to M5 was because T-Bone only replaced the bumper portion and not the hinge pin block. The threads were pulled during the crash and I didn’t realize it until I was putting the warranty replacement back on. T-Bone would have replaced the hinge pin block too if I would have told them about it but I didn’t realize it was bad until too late. SO, I had some M5 BHCS laying around so I just used them since there was no way of retapping them.

This is the only pic I have. I used the button heads on the bottom as well only because I didn’t have flat heads on hand. I don’t recommend the button heads on the bottom though because they tend to get ground down needing replaced on a regular basis. I just kept an eye on them and replaced as needed.

You can kind of see the top ones here.

986614D4-F714-440B-A74F-61C6E1345C4F.jpeg

Something weird is going on. This keeps quoting the last part about the color and it’s not even part of your reply???

Looks like I only have 1 pic that shows the M5’s. I sold and no longer have it. I sold it to an AF member though.

The only reason I changed to M5 was because T-Bone only replaced the bumper portion and not the hinge pin block. The threads were pulled during the crash and I didn’t realize it until I was putting the warranty replacement back on. T-Bone would have replaced the hinge pin block too if I would have told them about it but I didn’t realize it was bad until too late. SO, I had some M5 BHCS laying around so I just used them since there was no way of retapping them.

This is the only pic I have. I used the button heads on the bottom as well only because I didn’t have flat heads on hand. I don’t recommend the button heads on the bottom though because they tend to get ground down needing replaced on a regular basis. I just kept an eye on them and replaced as needed.

You can kind of see the top ones here.

View attachment 63264
Thanks.... It's hard to see but I understand why you did that was only because the block needed replacing too.
After thinking about it, I think I will get the TBR Thrasher instead, I had said I like the look of the xb4 more, but the thrasher has grown on me.... Looks more bad as sand uses two screws to hold it to the brace instead of one.... Not sure if that matters though

I have 2 packs through my Kraton with the RPM bumper. I smashed into a 2-3" wooden pole, broke it, ruined the original bumper leftovers (that acted as a hinge pin retainer) but the rest of the truck, including the RPM bumper is A-OK. So pretty good stuff. Made a plastic hinge pin retainer for now, will make one out of a piece of Al.

Hey you guys using rpm bumpers do you have v3 or v4 kratons?

v3, there is no difference in the bumper/skidplate area that I know of

Ok thanx i was just wondering if there was a difference. I run the rpm bumper and it works great. Ive cased it 20ft plus and done damage to the bumper but every thing eles is fine. Thats what I want to happen, cheap easy fix lol.

Ok thanx i was just wondering if there was a difference. I run the rpm bumper and it works great. Ive cased it 20ft plus and done damage to the bumper but every thing eles is fine. Thats what I want to happen, cheap easy fix lol.
What up Toby.

I have the RPM bumper on my Kraton and Talion for almost 3 years now. ? Simple and effective design, light weight. Still going strong and no issues at all. ??

Hey whats up brother. Hows it going. I gotta get to bed. Been wrenching on the granite for a bit lost track of time. We should go shred here soon. Bring that dam outcast out so i can see that beast. Want to show you the Kraton to things getting pretty beasty to.

Hey whats up brother. Hows it going. I gotta get to bed. Been wrenching on the granite for a bit lost track of time. We should go shred here soon. Bring that dam outcast out so i can see that beast. Want to show you the Kraton to things getting pretty beasty to.
I might be able to fix your esc.

Well that would be great bro then i would have a spare. Id appreciate that if you could take a look at sometime

Neither, both are designed wrong.
The Rpm bumper just attaches on the bottom of the truck so any time you hit nose first it turns into a shovel and snaps off right at the front of the vehicle.
View attachment 34893

The T-bone Racing one has an upper support however it bolts to the gearbox case but it can strip out the holes in the gearbox case, the screws going into the bottom pull through the bumper and the top brace likes to pull out screws or break.
View attachment 34894

Get the POS Racing V3 front bumper It is a much better design. https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/bumper/arrma/

Where can you buy the POS RC RACING bumpers in the US since the company will not ship to the USA?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back