Kraton RPM or T Bone front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What do you guys think would be the best choice and why. I want to get for my Kraton v4

Neither, both are designed wrong.
The Rpm bumper just attaches on the bottom of the truck so any time you hit nose first it turns into a shovel and snaps off right at the front of the vehicle.
wy33PxL.jpg

The T-bone Racing one has an upper support however it bolts to the gearbox case but it can strip out the holes in the gearbox case, the screws going into the bottom pull through the bumper and the top brace likes to pull out screws or break.
49022269_2362500090444234_8825758344141602816_n.jpg

Get the POS Racing V3 front bumper It is a much better design. https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/bumper/arrma/

The Rpm bumper just attaches on the bottom of the truck so any time you hit nose first it turns into a shovel and snaps off right at the front of the vehicle.
The T-bone Racing one has an upper support however it bolts to the gearbox case and strip out the holes in the gearbox case. And the screws going into the bottom pull through the bumper.

Get the POS Racing V3 front bumper. https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/bumper/arrma/
Nice. I was actually just looking at getting a bumper for my Kraton. Do you know if there is anywhere in the United States to buy this POS from?

Nice. I was actually just looking at getting a bumper for my Kraton. Do you know if there is anywhere in the United States to buy this POS from?
Nope direct from their website.
@Reubydoobe has been testing out his parts and has had lots of luck with them.

Nope direct from their website.
Do you know how long and expensive the shipping is to the contiguous United States of America in North America?

Edit: I just looked and United States isn't listed as an option for shipping......that sucks. I guess I'll get T bone.

Hmm wtf it doesn't even list the US as an option. Probably have to email them about that.

-edit- to other countries , please inquire about unlisted countries within the EU.

I've had an RPM one on my Kraton from almost day 1 (last July). I have lawn darted it countless time and that's not an exaggeration. It's still on there going strong. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Hmm wtf it doesn't even list the US as an option. Probably have to email them about that.

-edit- to other countries , please inquire about unlisted countries within the EU.
I sent them a message through their contact link asking about shipping to the US and price estimates for shipping to the US. I will let you know what they say.

I would probably l get the aluminum shock towers and the complete safety set for the Kraton as well as the bumpers for the Typhon and Senton.

Have the big tbone one on mine since day one. Never had an issue with front end damage despite many spectacular crashes. The tires are exposed so they do get hit when trees jump out unexpectedly but that’s on me.
Their earlier designed one did pull out on my first Kraton but the newer design with the extra bracing has been fine. It is big so somewhat less visually appealing than the smaller ones out there.

Like @bicketybam said, I've also had RPM since day one and it's staying strong, even after nose dives, cartwheels...
Thing is, things break when you crash, so it's mostly a matter of what you think looks better.

I have the RPM one on my outcast since July 2018. I've ripped the screws through it where it mounts on the bottom. But I made some steel wear plates, countersunk the holes and got 3-4mm longer screws since the plate added some thickness. I run wear plates on most of my RC's as my skate parks have rough cement for most of the big jumps. I'll chew through an aluminum chassis or plastic skids in a matter of a few bash sessions if I don't.

2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

2018-0816-Outcast-SkidPlateWear02.jpg

I bevel the leading edge of the plate like a knife so it doesn't catch on rocks and stuff. Would be an easy task if I had a proper angle grinder or bench grinder... takes forever with a dremel.

View attachment 34893

The T-bone Racing one has an upper support however it bolts to the gearbox case but it can strip out the holes in the gearbox case, the screws going into the bottom pull through the bumper and the top brace likes to pull out screws or break.
View attachment 34894

Get the POS Racing V3 front bumper It is a much better design. https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/bumper/arrma/
Hi @Dakota. The design shown here has been modified. The new @T-Bone Racing bumpers do not attach to the dif case anymore. The new design is much better. Check the XV4 2.0 ones for the Kraton. Good looking and solid protection. I put the Kraton one on my Notorious and it's a lifesaver. The brace attaches to a separate block bolted to where your hinge pins are. Great warranty and customer service as well.

Attachments

• 20190102_212504.jpg
    20190102_212504.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 20190102_212525.jpg
    20190102_212525.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 235
Hi @Dakota. The design shown here has been modified. The new @T-Bone Racing bumpers do not attach to the dif case anymore. The new design is much better. Check the XV4 2.0 ones for the Kraton. Good looking and solid protection. I put the Kraton one on my Notorious and it's a lifesaver. The brace attaches to a separate block bolted to where your hinge pins are. Great warranty and customer service as well.

Go team TBR!

CCFC8037-414B-4CDA-BAA9-6D408F6A7B82.jpeg

I like that design much better than the one I have.

Do you still have no buy the v3 kraton bumper to make this work or is it anew one for the v4 design?

Do you still have no buy the v3 kraton bumper to make this work or is it anew one for the v4 design?
Chassis is the same, so should work without modification.

Which one is the better bumper the TBone XV4 2.0 10074 or the 10075..??
I want It for a V4 Kraton if that makes any difference..

I'm no Duperbash ??? I'm more crash and bash....?

Being in Europe I might look at the POS too, shipping could be better for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back