Rpm rear a arms binding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Just got in some Rpm rear a arms for my Outcast. Once I put the rear aluminum suspension mount on it pulls the a arms in and they rub on the gearbox. I thought maybe I had them installed backwards but no they are in fact installed correctly. I tried to install them backwards and they still rub. I also had to ream out the holes for the suspension pins as they were tight going through the arms. Has anyone else had any issues with their a arms?

nPEk9KNh.jpg

A0xyoYAh.jpg

Attachments

• nPEk9KNl.jpg
    nPEk9KNl.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 70
  • A0xyoYAl.jpg
    A0xyoYAl.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 77
Same issue here. I couldn't deal with it today but I'm gonna have to pull them off to sand a bit

A few guys on the Arrma Army Facebook group have had this issue as well.

I'd probably sand the gear box instead of the arm. Wouldn't have to remove much material to reduce the binding. Sanding the arm right at that spot would kind of give you a weak spot right where you don't want it.

I'd probably sand the gear box instead of the arm. Wouldn't have to remove much material to reduce the binding. Sanding the arm right at that spot would kind of give you a weak spot right where you don't want it.

I have not had any issues with sanding mine down and they have been that way since I installed them.

I've ripped the hinge pins through RPM arms on other trucks without sanding anything down. They split at what appears to be a seam. Has happened on my jato, revo, stampede, t-maxx and LST. That's why I'd be hesitant to grind anything off the arm at that spot.

I've ripped the hinge pins through RPM arms on other trucks without sanding anything down. They split at what appears to be a seam. Has happened on my jato, revo, stampede, t-maxx and LST. That's why I'd be hesitant to grind anything off the arm at that spot.
That is how my stock rear a arm broke. And the only rpm a arm I have broke just completely broke off one of the corners where the pin goes through.
20170214_174808.jpg

I've snapped RPM revo arms in the middle a couple times. Once when cold and once when casing a jump at a bmx track at full tilt. Not surprised much that they broke on either instance. Still a big step above stock arms. I've snapped those on my revo's during break-in. lol

Yes it does the new RPM a arms are little too big for the v3 kraton trying to install them right now I guess I'm going to have to do some sanding to

It's common to have to sand the inside front part of the rear arms to get them to keep from rubbing on the diff

I just ran into this issue last night. I noticed my hinge pins were bent pretty bad. That's not to say that the RPM a arm still won't rub but I find its a bit discouraging that I would have to sand a product that claims to fit my RC car.

I just ran into this issue last night. I noticed my hinge pins were bent pretty bad. That's not to say that the RPM a arm still won't rub but I find its a bit discouraging that I would have to sand a product that claims to fit my RC car.
Just a little bit of sanding like Duke said and they fit but still you buy something it should fit without having to do anything like you say

Each to their own I fault nobody for doing whatever they feel is best. But I'm going to return mine and get some OEM rear a arms because they cover the hinge pin all the way across without binding.

Each to their own I fault nobody for doing whatever they feel is best. But I'm going to return mine and get some OEM rear a arms because they cover the hinge pin all the way across without binding.
Wish I would have known that I just got done sanding mine and they're working good luck to your brother

I just ordered some front rpm arms, good to know I'll have to sand them a bit. The stock ones look stronger because there is more material but I've broke two in two weeks not even doing much for the to break. Today broke one with a one mph hit to the front wheel kinda thought it was Bs for it to break. I'm hoping the rpm ones are stronger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back