Kraton RPM vs Tbone bumpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted on another thread, T-Bone is much better in lifetime warranty compared to RPM.

I agree and prefer TBone build material, design, variety and from what I know, RPM only provides the single Kraton bumper that I also run.

I had the TBone on my Kraton and swapped it out for the RPM Typhon bumper. Rear bumpers don’t make a lot of sense to me, plus I think they look stupid....just my opinion

Which RPM Typhon bumper are you referring to? I’ve been trying to find a bumper for the Typhon I just ordered but I couldn’t find one from RPM? Any help here would be awesomely appreciated because I really don’t care for T-Bones...

Which RPM Typhon bumper are you referring to? I’ve been trying to find a bumper for the Typhon I just ordered but I couldn’t find one from RPM? Any help here would be awesomely appreciated because I really don’t care for T-Bones...
RPM only makes one Arrma 6s bumper. As you know, it will fit all of them because they share the same bolt pattern. I bought a T Bone for my Typhon simply because it doesn't look as bulky as the RPM that I use on my Noto. I made sure to add the cut off and drilled tops of the flat 4mm screws to fill the countersink in the chassis. The issue with T Bone was that they pull the screws out from underneath the gear box. Hopefully these home made fillers will alleviate the issue.

RPM only makes one Arrma 6s bumper. As you know, it will fit all of them because they share the same bolt pattern. I bought a T Bone for my Typhon simply because it doesn't look as bulky as the RPM that I use on my Noto. I made sure to add the cut off and drilled tops of the flat 4mm screws to fill the countersink in the chassis. The issue with T Bone was that they pull the screws out from underneath the gear box. Hopefully these home made fillers will alleviate the issue.

Well I guess that’s I will do as well then. The RPM is just too big for Typhon. I don’t like the “giant underbite” look lol. Thanks for clarifying @Notorious J

I've owned both and both have their share of problems.

Rpm.
  • Doesn't look right on the Outcast or Notorious, looks better on the Kraton and Talion(they are being really lazy and won't make a different bumper). Front of Outcast and Notorious body are flat but the bumper is curved.
  • Only bolts on from the bottom no support for the front part of the bumper.
  • Bumper will break off right at the chassis do to the above problem.
T-bone.
  • Bumper is completely flat and does not have recesses for the countersunk holes in the chassis so the screws rip through.
  • Upper support either breaks or the screws rip out.

Attachments

• Chl195Q.jpg
    Chl195Q.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 57
  • R4WAp4u (1).jpg
    R4WAp4u (1).jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 51
  • GVJkmfR (1).jpg
    GVJkmfR (1).jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 49
Well I guess that’s I will do as well then. The RPM is just too big for Typhon. I don’t like the “giant underbite” look lol. Thanks for clarifying @Notorious J
Here's a couple of pics showing how the Thrasher bumper looks, plus the screw heads I was speaking of. I can't take credit for the idea, as it was another forum member that showed us this cool hack. @Jimbobjr or @Mr.Duke I think.
20191211_213148.jpg
20191211_213320.jpg

Yep , t bone says if you break it they replace it , I have both rpm and t bone on stuff , wheelies bars are a waste of money , get into flips n stuff , it either breaks or just gets in the way , back bumpers save body's from dragging in half , one things obvious , bumpers arnt for looks ? , but of course just my veiw , after 25 years of addiction in rebuilding these things right out of the box to make a realistic version of what I thought I bought ??? crap I just got a RAMINATOR , and it freegn needs upgrades , again with the ????????

Yep , t bone says if you break it they replace it , I have both rpm and t bone on stuff , wheelies bars are a waste of money , get into flips n stuff , it either breaks or just gets in the way , back bumpers save body's from dragging in half , one things obvious , bumpers arnt for looks ? , but of course just my veiw , after 25 years of addiction in rebuilding these things right out of the box to make a realistic version of what I thought I bought ??? crap I just got a RAMINATOR , and it freegn needs upgrades , again with the ????????
Yeah nothing like the rear of your truck body dragging on the ground, that was the death of one of my bodies on the stampede. I temporarily have the stock wheelie bar on it but I want a rear bumper as the Traxxas wheelie bar is a giant POS that just gets in the way when bashing.

I just installed a t bone bumper and the screw holes where so tight it stripped out all the screw heads. I tried contacting the Company several times to see if I can buy a new set of screws for their slopely constructed bumper but they just ignore me. It also took more than a month to recieve my order. Get rpm. Their part tolerances are much better ?

I just installed a t bone bumper and the screw holes where so tight it stripped out all the screw heads. I tried contacting the Company several times to see if I can buy a new set of screws for their slopely constructed bumper but they just ignore me. It also took more than a month to recieve my order. Get rpm. Their part tolerances are much better ?
You stripped screws just trying to put them through plastic holes? Might be you need better hex drivers. Not saying T Bone is perfect, but even new Arrma parts require you to basically create new threads. If you don't have good drivers, any resistance will cause you to strip screws.

You stripped screws just trying to put them through plastic holes? Might be you need better hex drivers. Not saying T Bone is perfect, but even new Arrma parts require you to basically create new threads. If you don't have good drivers, any resistance will cause you to strip screws.
In his defense the screws are only 10.9 grade steel, I usually toss them in the trash and use my 12.9 grade screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back