Vorteks S652 servo installed. Does steering seem limited?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken01976

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks

It doesn’t seem like I’m getting much turn radius. Endpoints have been set. Servo saver was lined up after being plugged into battery with trim at neutral. It’s a stock servo saver.

F68BCB8B-00DB-493B-BE57-C09A1A5E5210.jpeg

Here’s how it’s currently setup on the dx3.

I’ll swap in the original s651 and see if that changes the steering. One moment.

It doesn’t seem like I’m getting much turn radius. Endpoints have been set. Servo saver was lined up after being plugged into battery with trim at neutral. It’s a stock servo saver.
Stock servos suck, period.

If you set the end points with the wheels off the ground, it won't be enough end point set with the wheels on the ground with a stock servo, they just don't have the torque.

Switched it out to s651. Same results. Switched back to s652. Aligned saver. Trimmed endpoints. Same. Meh. I guess it’s good enuf.

CBE3D76E-BA17-4851-8F90-A91CA094DD43.jpeg

I wouldn’t recommend those monster wide tires on a 1/8 scale let alone a plastic toy, enjoy your school bus turning radius 👍🏼

That servo will break your composite horn and links on 8V

I wouldn’t recommend those monster wide tires on a 1/8 scale let alone a plastic toy, enjoy your school bus turning radius 👍🏼

That servo will break your composite horn and links on 8V
More opportunities to upgrade steering components. Sign me up.

Switched it out to s651. Same results. Switched back to s652. Aligned saver. Trimmed endpoints. Same. Meh. I guess it’s good enuf.

View attachment 282109
Assessing your steering with those big tires while planted on the ground won’t work. Put it on a stand. The servo saver is not able to handle the load, it just gives, and the plastic steering bits can also flex. Ever tried to turn the steering wheel on a car or truck without power steering while it’s stationary? It’s freakin’ hard. You pretty much gotta be moving for it to work. Same concept here. Kinda.

If you are using the AVC receiver you may need to turn off avc to calibrate the endpoints. I don’t use avc so I’m not much of an expert. I would refer to the manual or just turn off avc for good. It will restore dual rate knob functionality on the DX3.

That was the issue. Recalibrated end points with avc off. Shazam.

Hey bud. Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a similar issue. I changed the servo with a 30kg one from aliexpress (works 100%) I have re-bound and re-calibrated twice (with AVC) and when setting endpoints, the left goes all the way, but it only goes halfway to the right, which is total crap and makes a very wide turning radius. (I also have Typhon arms on)

The video is not showing. So binding without AVC and than setting the endpoints cured your problem? Thanks in advance

Hey bud. Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a similar issue. I changed the servo with a 30kg one from aliexpress (works 100%) I have re-bound and re-calibrated twice (with AVC) and when setting endpoints, the left goes all the way, but it only goes halfway to the right, which is total crap and makes a very wide turning radius. (I also have Typhon arms on)

The video is not showing. So binding without AVC and than setting the endpoints cured your problem? Thanks in advance

Did you set the steering trim to 0 BEFORE installing the servo saver/servo horn? You need to do that and power it on and then put on the saver.

Did you set the steering trim to 0 BEFORE installing the servo saver/servo horn? You need to do that and power it on and then put on the saver.
Yes bud I did everything as it should be. Trim to 0, centered servo by turning it on, aligned servo saver with the mark. Rebound Rx with Tx, calibrated esc and rebound again. Set end points and that's were I noticed it doesn't turn all the way to the right. There's like a 1/4 turn of the Tx wheel that nothing happens.

I then rebound with AVC disabled and I had full range of motion on both sides after setting end points, I thought to myself great it worked. Rebound with AVC again and back to square one 😐

You have to follow a very specific and complicated process when binding an AVC receiver, it's like 5 extra steps, read the manual.

You have to follow a very specific and complicated process when binding with AVC on, it's like 5 extra steps, read the manual.
I did. AVC actually works well, the fact that it turns poorly to the right that's annoying me. But I will try again. Another try and I'll probably ditch the radio and Rx 😂. Good excuse to get a Radiolink? 😂😂

I think you have to set end points before calibrating the receiver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back