Talion Safe d pinion on blx 185

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kratonv46s

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Will the 12t safe d pinion fit on a talion v4 blx 185 motor shaft? Seems like the only difference is the c clip and slotted side.

That's what I think also. Should fit. :unsure:
Let others chime in to see what they say.

Yes, but..
Might be a direct fit. Several motors have a 'lip' at the flanged side that will block it from sliding on. Some have tried hammering it on, not knowing this little detail and ruined their motor.
If that is the case, you have to dremel the shaft. I know the Safe-D did not fit on my BLX motor for that reason.
My c-clips never hold and I stopped I've using them on the Spektrum motors.

No, it won’t - at least not without the mod mentioned above. The flat on the BLX motor shaft doesn’t go all the way to the end of the shaft so there is no way for the SAFE-D pinion to slide on.

0D5CFD8D-EC7E-49C6-98CC-7DBF26CD0D73.jpeg

Last edited:
Place the pinion so it lines up with that groove, you can use it to support the c-clip. Slide it on from the side using the pinion as a base. Push it in with pliers or screwdriver. Once the c-clip is on, you can adjust the pinion to correct location.
Just don't let it fling away, once it grows wings it's gone. Keep a tissue or something over this entire setup to prevent a fly-away but should be fairly easy.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back