savox servo secretly garbage??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitr0EngiEx

Reaction score
Guys, I am confused and frustrated. My stock servo stripped gears so all of my research pointed me to savox 1210sg.

I bought one with castle bec and cap pack, installed both set to 7.4v. Worked fine for like 3 packs. I went to bash at the beach, my favorite spot and my car kept browning out when I guess I would turn.

This escalated until the car died completely.

Process of elimination :

1.) Unhooked bec, it was really hot, probably overworked since servo was shorted, hooked up power supply And battery instead, receiver would flash red really fast. Unhook bec did nothing, bec working fine problem still persist

2.) Unhook motor from esc, did nothing to help

3.) Unhook fans from receiver, no change still shorted

4.) Unhook esc from receiver, no changes still shorted receiver

5.) Unhook servo, receiver gets solid link light and stops shorting. Problem found

6.) Reconnect castle bec, esc, motor, fans, all of it works normal without servo connected.

7.) Reconnect servo, shorts everything out again.

So through this process I found my brand new savox servo is freaking fried. Like really badly fried to the point its shorting out my entire car. I'm very frustrated this thing was supposed to be the most amazing servo.

Even though it says high voltage I wonder if it really isn't rated for it and the 7.4v did it in.

One of the key things that helped me figure this out besides the process of elimination was my power supply when hooked up it would turn off saying underpowered which means it was hitting the max 10 amp at 7.4v and shut off. When your instant hitting a max amp cut off as soon as you turn on receiver there is something wrong. 10a is allot of current.

This means the servo was demanding over 10 amps draw just by turning it on, connecting it, that's really really shorted

I run 3 of those servos: Kraton, Typhon and my Savage. I have my Castle Mamba Monster X set to 7.4 in my Typhon. I don't run a cap pac or a bec and mine have been fine. I would contact them for a warranty replacement.

Yeah before it completely shorted my fans stopped the servo robbed power

Without the servo my system only draws 1 amp from fans nothing else draws

Yeah I put a brand new stock servo in last night to enjoy my kraton while I wait for replacement servo from savox, took it to a parking lot with street crushers and the servo stripped after like 30 seconds.

Also my brand new gpm axles I just put in, one sheared the pin in the cvd and the center pivot metal is seized. I am starting up realise gpm is garbage

I got a brand new savox 1210sg and I was at the clay track and after 3 batteries this servo died as well. I am dumbfounded. I am trying to get ready to race and I can't keep my car running

Yeah I put a brand new stock servo in last night to enjoy my kraton while I wait for replacement servo from savox, took it to a parking lot with street crushers and the servo stripped after like 30 seconds.

Also my brand new gpm axles I just put in, one sheared the pin in the cvd and the center pivot metal is seized. I am starting up realise gpm is garbage

GPM is garbage. Sorry it took you so long. I have to

I got a brand new savox 1210sg and I was at the clay track and after 3 batteries this servo died as well. I am dumbfounded. I am trying to get ready to race and I can't keep my car running

The exception not the norm.

GPM is garbage.

Just like every other electronic device on the planet you are going to have some duds, the good thing is that Savox has an amazing warranty, just fill out the form in the bottom of the link below and tell them your servo just stopped working. You will have an RMA number within 24 hours with instructions as to where to return it. I had my Savox die after not even 2 packs and in a week I had a new one at my door. The replacement has been going strong for over a year.

Contact info
https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/pages/warranty

Are you setting your ends points? If they are not set properly your servo will fry every single time.

Last edited:
im not sure what you mean by that.

I turned the servo on with no horn, set trim on radio to center and installed the horn with the wheels straight.

im not sure what you mean by that.

I turned the servo on with no horn, set trim on radio to center and installed the horn with the wheels straight.

Check the manual on setting the steering end points. It's in there.

That explains why you keep eating servos.
Start with everything off.
  • Place vehicle with wheels off the ground.
  • Turn steering wheel full right or clockwise and apply full throttle.
  • Turn on the transmitter the red led will flash 5 times release steering wheel and throttle.
  • Turn on esc.
  • Turn the wheel fully right or clockwise. Now press the - button on the side of the remote until you can see the servo stops before it reaches the limit of the steering.
  • Turn the wheel fully left or counter-clockwise. Now press the - button on the side of the remote until you can see the servo stops before it reaches the limit of the steering.
  • Turn off the esc.
  • Turn off the transmitter.
To reset your endpoints, you can do this with the car off.
  • Turn the steering wheel fully left or counter-clockwise and apply full throttle.
  • Turn on the transmitter the red led will flash 5 times, release steering wheel and throttle.
  • Turn off the transmitter.
Your end points should now be properly set. If you want I can make a crappy video showing how to do this.

You can use this same procedure to limit the throttle as well, but instead of turning the steering wheel you use the throttle trigger.

Last edited:
ill be sure to do that, you know, you would think after all the phone calls I made to Horizon Support they would have asked me about this or the people at A Main. I have had so many problems

I haven't used a non-programmable transmitter in so many years, I don't even think of those kinds of issues.

Considering how cheap a flysky system is, kind of surprised arrma doesn't just use their programmable system instead of the tactic.

well based on what bicketybam said it is programmable, its just a backwater process to get into that programming mode; however, since I want to race and I want the better adjustments I just bought a futaba 3PV radio with a digital display that will certainly let me adjust endpoints easier.

well based on what bicketybam said it is programmable, its just a backwater process to get into that programming mode; however, since I want to race and I want the better adjustments I just bought a futaba 3PV radio with a digital display that will certainly let me adjust endpoints easier.
Yeah, it is. Just meant programmable with a display screen.

well in the end i will just have a super bad ass top of the line a servo with a pretty good radio.

Sounds like some kind of user error in wiring or endpoints. No need for a BEC. I have abused mine with MMX ESC (with Castle cap pack) and Savox 1256tg, all works great.

Guys, I am confused and frustrated. My stock servo stripped gears so all of my research pointed me to savox 1210sg.

I bought one with castle bec and cap pack, installed both set to 7.4v. Worked fine for like 3 packs. I went to bash at the beach, my favorite spot and my car kept browning out when I guess I would turn.

This escalated until the car died completely.

Process of elimination :

1.) Unhooked bec, it was really hot, probably overworked since servo was shorted, hooked up power supply And battery instead, receiver would flash red really fast. Unhook bec did nothing, bec working fine problem still persist

2.) Unhook motor from esc, did nothing to help

3.) Unhook fans from receiver, no change still shorted

4.) Unhook esc from receiver, no changes still shorted receiver

5.) Unhook servo, receiver gets solid link light and stops shorting. Problem found

6.) Reconnect castle bec, esc, motor, fans, all of it works normal without servo connected.

7.) Reconnect servo, shorts everything out again.

So through this process I found my brand new savox servo is freaking fried. Like really badly fried to the point its shorting out my entire car. I'm very frustrated this thing was supposed to be the most amazing servo.

Even though it says high voltage I wonder if it really isn't rated for it and the 7.4v did it in.

One of the key things that helped me figure this out besides the process of elimination was my power supply when hooked up it would turn off saying underpowered which means it was hitting the max 10 amp at 7.4v and shut off. When your instant hitting a max amp cut off as soon as you turn on receiver there is something wrong. 10a is allot of current.

This means the servo was demanding over 10 amps draw just by turning it on, connecting it, that's really really shorted
The 1210 is also the “tall” I put the 1270 in my Notorious and over a month no problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back