Mojave SBR 1.0 and 2.0 differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
Sorry didn’t know what to put it under. What exactly is the difference besides the few obvious ones on the v1 and v2 Losi super Baja Rey? I know the 2.0 has two spare tires, different body, different electronics and can run 8s and has a bigger battery tray. But I’m also wondering is the drivetrain different? If I swap the motor can the v1 handle 8s?

I have a V1 and that thing is an absolute animal on 6S with that big stock motor. Way more powerful than I expected.

The ESC is 8S capable and the motor is officially 6S capable, though I’ve heard of people running 8S on the stock motor.

I’ve read that the drivetrain can handle 8S just fine. I believe it’s the same exact drivetrain as the Super Rock Rey (which is 8S capable). I’ve also read that the stock SBR V1 tires fall apart on 8S.

When I first bought the SBR, I thought I would eventually find a way to run it on 8S. But I no longer feel that way. It’s too much fun on 6S. And this is coming from someone with a handful of 8S cars.

Last edited:
I know the SBR2.0/KM3 bead locks are capable of going 70mph on a 1/7 scale. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_6517.jpeg

Thanks for some of that info! I may need to buy the 2.0 tires. The ones that came on my 1.0 are not in great condition

Thanks for some of that info! I may need to buy the 2.0 tires. The ones that came on my 1.0 are not in great condition
Heads up the SBR 1.0 uses 20mm hex and the 2.0 uses 17mm hex. Easy to change but you’d have to buy the hexes.

Yeah? Double check since I don’t own a 2.0. I’m just going off what I’ve read.
Yeah I didn’t some research. Yes the 2.0 is 17mm. Do I just buy the 2.0 hexes to make it 17mm? You are right though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back