Sc8 rtr esc switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siw

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
The switch on my ESC has fallen apart.
the moveable piece is no longer attached stopping the car from powering up.
before I order a replacement switch, is there a way of bridging the now exposed terminals to power the car up and make sure the ESC is still ok?
not overly bothered with the car being live as soon as a battery is connected.

if the ESC can be bypassed, which pins need connecting - think there are 6….

How many wires are there? Basically need 2 wires coupled to power it on. Understand that the "Set" button will be inoperative. You probably know this already.
Open up the switch completely and it may become more visible and apparent which leads will power the ESC On.
HW does sell replacement switches. A simple 2 wire On/Off switch can be replaced with most any 2 pole switch. Many just jump out the 2 leads and the ESC powers on when the Lipo Mains is attached.
Not the case here obviously .

The switch on my ESC has fallen apart.
the moveable piece is no longer attached stopping the car from powering up.
before I order a replacement switch, is there a way of bridging the now exposed terminals to power the car up and make sure the ESC is still ok?
not overly bothered with the car being live as soon as a battery is connected.

if the ESC can be bypassed, which pins need connecting - think there are 6….
Must be a castle esc???

How many wires are there? Basically need 2 wires coupled to power it on. Understand that the "Set" button will be inoperative. You probably know this already.
Open up the switch completely and it may become more visible and apparent which leads will power the ESC On.
HW does sell replacement switches. A simple 2 wire On/Off switch can be replaced with most any 2 pole switch. Many just jump out the 2 leads and the ESC powers on when the Lipo Mains is attached.
Not the case here obviously .
It’s got three wires, one white two red.
the Set button is still attached, just the on/off which has fallen off.
switch is like this one:

IMG_0517.png

For anyone wanting to bypass the switch for a similar problem, you need to join the red wires together to have it always on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back