Limitless Scorched titanium drive shafts wobble destruction!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Mind you this is on a car that did a top speed of 99mph. Not much better than stock.

I took a video to prove that these won't work at all. I had 4 kratons 8s tires front of me and I was hiding behind it while filming. Knew some thing might happen so safety first.

IMG_20200827_210804.jpg

Last edited:
I know titanium isn't as strong as steel in terms of tensile strength but I would have never expected it to fail as hard as that video just showed.

Edit: wait I just noticed it was the outdrive cup that gave out. But still that flash where you could see that bend in the shaft...

Yes the shaft is perfectly straight. With all the wobble the cup will definitely give out. That's why my brace was chewed up even after I grinded it down 3 times already. Kept hitting it so I had to make a video without it to see how much this thing was flexing .

Most likely going to try the carbon 2 piece one that YouTube guy (Earl ) installed. I do have the new arrma bearing support on order but who knows when that will be available or just out a infraction center diff and just bash with it and keep it under 90mph.

I do they also vibrate and the i also have the gpm and they also vibrate. What is your top speed on your car?

I'm only running a bash/drift spec currently so a 22/50 center diff on a Hobbystar 1580kv motor on 6s. I have some oscillation but it's not a lot, I haven't tested 8s yet but maybe I will bench test it just to see.

Hmmmmm now that I've seen a pic of that drive shaft support I'm pretty confident I could model and print a custom one ?

Last edited:
Not had that problem with mine, are you sure your output and input bearings are OK

Spoke to David and he said it could be my drive cups as arrma cups are no true from the factory.

Also, I can bend this titanium drive shaft with my hand. Is this normal?

Spoke to David and he said it could be my drive cups as arrma cups are no true from the factory.

Also, I can bend this titanium drive shaft with my hand. Is this normal?

No
It should be very stiff until it bends or snaps. With that said there are many alloys of metals making them hard to compare. Also heat treatments for hardness. Ideally I would think weight savings (rotational mass) is the benefit of Titanium but not overall "tuffness"
Spring steel is where it's at!!! Someone needs to make spring steel dog bones other than Huddy for XRAY race RCs.

Last edited:
Problems like this are generally caused by bad drive cups / bad setup.
There are many 100’s of guys running these Scorched titanium well over 100mph, and they are perfect - way better than stock.
I’ve seen a few guys running these stock length shafts over 150mph. At these speeds we recommend going to our Pinnocchio shaft setup that uses a shorter rear shaft and a spool fully machined 10mm spool. We’ve tested this to 176mph so far - running smooth as silk.
People immediately leap to blame shafts for being ’bent’ or having some anti-newtonian tendency to wobble, but the truth is, it’s the crappy arrma cups or a stock centre diff that the source of play that will throw the shaft into oscillation at speed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back