Screwing Nuts Into Steering Block?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Is there a way to screw in the nuts to the steering block on a Arrma 6S (Kraton) that I don’t know about?

I’m a mechanically inclined beginner that’s been enjoying learning to wrench on my RC. The one thing I’ve really been struggling with is screwing in the nuts for the front hubs. They just won’t go in evenly no matter how hard I try, one side goes in and the other side has barely moved. Theirs gotta be a trick or method to do this?

I upgraded to the RPM arms and wasted an hour trying to screw those nuts in stripping the treads in the block in the process. It was something I dreaded having to do again.

Well I had to do it again. I replaced the badly stripped block and spent just as long trying to screw in two nuts which has left me beyond frustrated.

BTW: When adding links to post on this site all the links get automatically moved to the start of the post now

Is there a way to screw in the nuts to the steering block on a Arrma 6S (Kraton) that I don’t know about?

I’m a mechanically inclined beginner that’s been enjoying learning to wrench on my RC. The one thing I’ve really been struggling with is screwing in the nuts for the front hubs. They just won’t go in evenly no matter how hard I try, one side goes in and the other side has barely moved. Theirs gotta be a trick or method to do this?

I upgraded to the RPM arms and wasted an hour trying to screw those nuts in stripping the treads in the block in the process. It was something I dreaded having to do again.

Well I had to do it again. I replaced the badly stripped block and spent just as long trying to screw in two nuts which has left me beyond frustrated.

BTW: When adding links to post on this site all the links get automatically moved to the start of the post now
The M2C tool for this helps. I have wrapped black tape evenly around an Allen wrench 5mm then turn it backwards till you feel the thread kinda click as the thread lines up. It’s hard to feel it but that click lets you know the threads are at the start on both pieces. Hot racing hubs are a good investment. Good luck!

The M2C tool for this helps. I have wrapped black tape evenly around an Allen wrench 5mm then turn it backwards till you feel the thread kinda click as the thread lines up. It’s hard to feel it but that click lets you know the threads are at the start on both pieces. Hot racing hubs are a good investment. Good luck!
This is the tool my LHS gave to me to use

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back