Senton Senton 2s Mega to 3s brushless upgrade parts??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aarmadawg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've read a number of threads on the brushed-to-brushless Senton mod but still need a couple things cleared up w the rt links for parts.
My 1st post on my 1st truck so thx for being paitient.
Picked up a very slightly used 2s Senton 4x4 and it really needs some spunk so hopefully a budget conscious 3s brushless mod will do it. I hoped to simply swap in:
> 3s bl motor n esc w fan
> correct sized metal pinion n spur
> set of paddle tires

I was thinking:
> HobbyWing EZ combo w 3352 3300kv motor n 80esc w fan
> not exactly sure on metal pinion n spur
> not sure on tires.

Any helpful links to the best combinations to keep me on the rt track are really appriciated.
Look fwd to paying this help fwd as I get up to speed.
Thx, The Dawg

20230414_162320.jpg

20230414_162239.jpg

20230414_141744.jpg

IMG_20230414_144651_01.jpg

Better beef up the drivetrain better if you plan on running Paddles. Much DT loading. You will be drawing alot of amps as a result. Watch your temps and gearing.. Need fans for sure.
You are converting from a Mega to a 3s? Right?

I've read a number of threads on the brushed-to-brushless Senton mod but still need a couple things cleared up w the rt links for parts.
My 1st post on my 1st truck so thx for being paitient.
Picked up a very slightly used 2s Senton 4x4 and it really needs some spunk so hopefully a budget conscious 3s brushless mod will do it. I hoped to simply swap in:
> 3s bl motor n esc w fan
> correct sized metal pinion n spur
> set of paddle tires

I was thinking:
> HobbyWing EZ combo w 3352 3300kv motor n 80esc w fan
> not exactly sure on metal pinion n spur
> not sure on tires.

Any helpful links to the best combinations to keep me on the rt track are really appriciated.
Look fwd to paying this help fwd as I get up to speed.
Thx, The Dawg

View attachment 292832

View attachment 292833

View attachment 292837

View attachment 292838
You should upgrade slipper to 0.8mod with 57t spur. Also to aluminum motor mount.
Oh, I see you mentioned spur/pinion

Better beef up the drivetrain better if you plan on running Paddles. Much DT loading. You will be drawing alot of amps as a result. Watch your temps and gearing.. Need fans for sure.
Hopefully....2s brushed to 3s brushless w fan

For the spur, you will need this: https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-3s-blx-hd-0.8mod-spur-gear-57t-ara310947/p969390
or this one: https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-mod-0.8-spur-gear-50t-ara311103/p1368903
and the slipper pads: https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-mega-3s-blx-slipper-pad-4-ara310994/p1250046
A lot of people say you will need the 3S slipper set up and adjustable motor mount, but, it's not necessary. I basically did the same thing you are doing, except I built mine as a 3S mix (truggified SCT): https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/
Don't the mega and 3S have the same drivetrain? That's what I was told when I asked about a mega I was looking at picking up used a few months ago. If so, how would you beef up that drivetrain?

I also just realized you said metal spur. Me personally, I wouldn't do a metal spur. The .08 mod spur is plenty strong enough for what you are doing.

Last edited:
^^^ why do so many guys strip out their plastic Spur gears then???
I surmise because the Power module flexes much. , a bad Arrma design. Steel spur is a definite advantage. Depends how you drive, but any Mod .8 plastic spur on most any platform is usually shortlived IMHO. For 4WD bashing and BLX power loading setup/use, most go with $Steel Spurs$.
Yeah one costly upgrade on these Arrma 4x4 platforms. I feel you need to upgrade a Mega 4x4 chassis to 4S drivetrain specs to get some good durable use out of it.
Probably best/ less costly to just buy a BLX 3s or 4s rig. And call it a day. Keep the Mega in Mega brushed motor trim. As a backup rig.

Last edited:
^^^ why do so many guys strip out their plastic Spur gears then???
I surmise because the Power module flexes much. , a bad Arrma design. Steel spur is a definite advantage. Depends how you drive, but any Mod .8 plastic spur on most any platform is usually shortlived IMHO.
I have no idea why they are stripping spurs. Maybe running too much power? I only run my stuff on 2S, and, almost every one of my trucks run 32P plastic spurs, except one, that came with a steel spur, and, must be I'm just lucky, since I have never stripped a plastic 32P spur, but, I have stripped several 48P plastic spurs. My mega to 3S V1 build ran a 32P plastic spur, with the mega motor housing, on 3S (Disclaimer: after losing everything last year in a fire, I now only run 2S), in pretty much every condition you can think of, and I had no issues with gearing, except destroying the rear diff twice, before I swapped to 3S diffs and inputs.

48 pitch spurs are not for hard bashing or BLX models running 3s and above. 48P is for very light 1/10 models. Like my OG TA TC3 or my Pan Car. The only advantage with smaller pitched gears is the ability to have more available gear ratios.

48 pitch spurs are not for hard bashing or BLX models running 3s and above.
They don't always work well with over geared brushed trucks that are ran hard either. I shattered a 48P 87T spur in an Arrma Fury a couple years ago running it hard, and, after destroying one in a Losi 22S SCT the same day, i just don't run 48P anymore.

Mod .8 (32 Pitch) at a minimum or Mod 1 is the best place to start. (Steel) A quality Motor Mount and proper Gear mesh takes care of the rest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back