Senton 3s Blx slipper clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello, I'm after some help. I've been reliably informed my slipper clutch could be loose. When I pick the truck up the wheels spin at full speed. Soon as its placed on the ground it just crawls along really really slowly.
Anybody have any video links for fixing this problem. I've tried the instructions on the sheet that came with the truck but everything's so loose. I fear I might need to take a lot of stuff apart to fix it.
Any suggestions to get this sorted would be more than welcome and seeing as it's nearly Friday night the virtual drinks are on me ?

Attachments

• 15798777010418815699253270854088.jpg
    15798777010418815699253270854088.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 119
Hello, I'm after some help. I've been reliably informed my slipper clutch could be loose. When I pick the truck up the wheels spin at full speed. Soon as its placed on the ground it just crawls along really really slowly.
Anybody have any video links for fixing this problem. I've tried the instructions on the sheet that came with the truck but everything's so loose. I fear I might need to take a lot of stuff apart to fix it.
Any suggestions to get this sorted would be more than welcome and seeing as it's nearly Friday night the virtual drinks are on me ?
Ok this is going to be a little long, but every step is necessary IMO.

1) Disassemble your power module and clean everything. Get all of the old loctite off the slipper screw, spring, and hubs. Use isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips. If your pads have any oil, clean them well.

2) Inspect everything. Look for wear and cracks and replace anything broken.

3) Clean and lube, or just replace, all of your bearings. Make sure they aren’t greasy on the outside, which will lube the slipper pads.

4) When ready, assemble everything with the slipper 3/4 tight (not too tight, but precision isn’t key here). Put the power module back in the truck.

5) Get a 2mm hex into the slipper front spline and hold it still. Now roll the truck forward until the rear tires lock up. You don’t need to push the truck down hard, just roll it forward by a steady hand. When those rear wheels start to skid instead of roll, that’s perfect.

6) Take the power module back out of the truck and lay it front side down so the rear hub is upward. You should be able to see the slipper screw threads.

7) Put a drop or two of blue thread lock onto the threads. It should drip down to the base of the threads and the hub. Do not move anything for 24 hours. Let this cure all the way in this very position.

8) After the 24 hour cure, reassemble the truck and give her a good bash. Test the slipper setting by running on a high grip surface like asphalt or grass. Loose dirt, ice, or snow won’t really give you a good indication.

• If it runs well, this will be your benchmark. Remember the steps.
  • If it starts popping u-joints, repeat this process and make a small adjustment to step 5 by backing the screw out a 1/8 turn from when the wheels skid.
  • If it starts slipping again, repeat the process but tighten in step 5 the 1/8 turn.

Ok this is going to be a little long, but every step is necessary IMO.

1) Disassemble your power module and clean everything. Get all of the old loctite off the slipper screw, spring, and hubs. Use isopropyl alcohol and some q-tips. If your pads have any oil, clean them well.

2) Inspect everything. Look for wear and cracks and replace anything broken.

3) Clean and lube, or just replace, all of your bearings. Make sure they aren’t greasy on the outside, which will lube the slipper pads.

4) When ready, assemble everything with the slipper 3/4 tight (not too tight, but precision isn’t key here). Put the power module back in the truck.

5) Get a 2mm hex into the slipper front spline and hold it still. Now roll the truck forward until the rear tires lock up. You don’t need to push the truck down hard, just roll it forward by a steady hand. When those rear wheels start to skid instead of roll, that’s perfect.

6) Take the power module back out of the truck and lay it front side down so the rear hub is upward. You should be able to see the slipper screw threads.

7) Put a drop or two of blue thread lock onto the threads. It should drip down to the base of the threads and the hub. Do not move anything for 24 hours. Let this cure all the way in this very position.

8) After the 24 hour cure, reassemble the truck and give her a good bash. Test the slipper setting by running on a high grip surface like asphalt or grass. Loose dirt, ice, or snow won’t really give you a good indication.

• If it runs well, this will be your benchmark. Remember the steps.
  • If it starts popping u-joints, repeat this process and make a small adjustment to step 5 by backing the screw out a 1/8 turn from when the wheels skid.
  • If it starts slipping again, repeat the process but tighten in step 5 the 1/8 turn.
Wow thanks @jondilly1974 for the super quick reply as always. I will digest this info over a few beers tonight and crack on over the weekend. I will update this post if I'm struggling or tell u how great and easy it all went "Gulp"
Virtual champers is on me. Many thanks and cheers

Blue has held up really well for me with the proper application and cure time. ??‍♂️
Me in my 4s slipper the blue locktite did bananas i just kept removing the slipper every run even in the middle of a run to tight the dam thing. Since i droped the bullet and used red locktite its not an issue anymore but takes a lot of patience to remove it when you want

Thanks @jondilly1974 i followed your advice and managed to fix it. Really pleased and I’m sure it won’t be too long before I’m looking for help with another problem.

I found this video really useful too

Thank you
The video above is for the Mega series and doesn’t 100% apply to the BLX versions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back