Senton Senton 3s BLX upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhoogeveen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi everyone, I just picked up a senton 3s blx yesterday. I’ve owned multiple slashes and others but this is my first arrma. Curious of the aftermarket parts out there? Anything that should be swapped out? I broke an axle yesterday already and the front bumper.

Also, what 17mm hub adapters work well? The 14mm hex don’t give many choices.

Hi,
We have 2 BLX 3s serie. Rapidly, upgrades;
- Servo (ADS-15)
- TBR front bumper
- HR steel spur
- HR drive shafts (we don't have yet)
- Steel Typhon 6s shocks

And why not a tower brace; (on picture, Mega was still brushed)

Welcome here
PL

Hi everyone, I just picked up a senton 3s blx yesterday. I’ve owned multiple slashes and others but this is my first arrma. Curious of the aftermarket parts out there? Anything that should be swapped out? I broke an axle yesterday already and the front bumper.

Hot Racing, tbone racing and Rpm make upgrades

The stock shocks work very well however they leak and the best option is to run Typhon 6s shocks, these can be found on jennysrc.com.

Replace the stock bearings with fast eddy rubber sealed bearings.

Replace the a arms with rpm.

Duratrax makes a 12mm hex adapter for the Arrma 4x4 vehicles https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHADZ

@pl9171 Don't buy hot racing drive shafts for anything they all break.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hot-racing-alloy-driveshafts.9951/page-2#post-119060

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hot-racing-hot-mess.4697/

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/which-driveshafts-for-ecx-ruckus.284/page-4#post-11678

Last edited:

I found direct fitting 17mm hex from hot racing and i put typhon wheels with Gpm steering and suspension links I've got all the part # you need
I found direct fitting 17mm hex from hot racing and i put typhon wheels with Gpm steering and suspension links I've got all the part # you need
also sealed bearings tbone bumper yeti motor and Hobbywing esc

Attachments

• DSC_0160.JPG
    DSC_0160.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 325
  • Screenshot_2019-05-07-13-08-30.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-07-13-08-30.png
    430.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Screenshot_20190426-000356.png
    Screenshot_20190426-000356.png
    916.1 KB · Views: 295
I would (did) only upgrade the bearings, the rest is honestly fine. oh, i would recommend Dusty Motor cover if you run in dirty/sandy environments.

- The shocks leak, but there is no other perfect solution, just re-fill them every few weeks
- There are some options for 17mm, the Typhon 3s hubs and hexes, or maybe the 4s hexes and nuts will work?, but i gave up on this, simplest is keep using the stock wheels and then just replace the tires. you can buy a set of stock wheels for 20$, or re-use your's when the tires give up the ghost.

I would (did) only upgrade the bearings, the rest is honestly fine. oh, i would recommend Dusty Motor cover if you run in dirty/sandy environments.

- The shocks leak, but there is no other perfect solution, just re-fill them every few weeks
- There are some options for 17mm, the Typhon 3s hubs and hexes, or maybe the 4s hexes and nuts will work?, but i gave up on this, simplest is keep using the stock wheels and then just replace the tires. you can buy a set of stock wheels for 20$, or re-use your's when the tires give up the ghost.
Y U NO try the Duratrax adapters? So many 2.8 tire options in 12mm hex.

ya my shocks all leaked so i bought big bore shocks with bigger shafts paid 50$ for the HR shocks and like 27$ for the piggyback rear shocks
ya my shocks all leaked so i bought big bore shocks with bigger shafts paid 50$ for the HR shocks and like 27$ for the piggyback rear shocks

Attachments

• DSC_0154.JPG
    DSC_0154.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 124
Hi,
Ok, I take note.
PL

@Jhoogeveen: Dboots are not bad at all. We keep them for the track (carpet)
I didn't buy hr drive shafts yet but my stock ones are just about done. hr just made drive shafts for the big rock, senton,granite and typhon. they are suppose to be better than stock plastic ones
I didn't buy hr drive shafts yet but my stock ones are just about done. hr just made drive shafts for the big rock, senton,granite and typhon. they are suppose to be better than stock plastic ones
the piggyback shocks work really nice

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190409-135154.png
    Screenshot_20190409-135154.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 200
Y U NO try the Duratrax adapters? So many 2.8 tire options in 12mm hex.
I prefer using SCT tires, looks better for me, and stay under the body. It's not like there is no options of SCT tires...

BTW, Arrma have 12mm hexes as well now. no need for the duratrax ones anymore.

I prefer using SCT tires, looks better for me, and stay under the body. It's not like there is no options of SCT tires...

ya i ordered a set from China. back in December and then they didnt fit so i had the drilled out on a laith but ya I've hot 1:8 wheels on my senton and they look amazing
ya i ordered a set from China. back in December and then they didnt fit so i had the drilled out on a laith but ya I've hot 1:8 wheels on my senton and they look amazing

Hi,
- Servo (ADS-15)
- TBR front bumper
- HR steel spur
- Steel Typhon 6s shocks

View attachment 37632

Welcome here
PL
is that a home made tower brace?

Hi,
- Servo (ADS-15)
- TBR front bumper
- HR steel spur
- Steel Typhon 6s shocks

View attachment 37632

Welcome here
PL

Attachments

• 20190508_123126.jpg
    20190508_123126.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 15573340967891521551174.jpg
    15573340967891521551174.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

ya kinda. I cut the post and put a rubber hose with zip tie, i trimmed the wheel wells

SCT tires come in 12mm hex.

No, SCT wheels comes in 12mm hex, SCT tires comes with a 2.2/3" bead, I use the stock 14mm wheels and buy just the tires i want.
Potato potato.....
You knew what I meant.

Thanks everyone for all the info:
Gonna grab
12mm hexes
New wheels and tires
TBR front and rear bumpers
Ads-15 servo
RPM arms

Should be awesome start at least.

Potato potato.....
You knew what I meant.
Sorry, i just mean that i see people push to change to 12mm because they don't think there is a selection of tires for 14mm, but i just say it's irrelevant. moving to 12mm is not ideal because:
- smaller hex is always worse
- chances the wheels you'll find will have the wrong offset

What i'm saying is that you have all the selection you want if you keep using the stock wheels and just buy the tires.

Thanks everyone for all the info:
Gonna grab
12mm hexes
New wheels and tires
TBR front and rear bumpers
Ads-15 servo
RPM arms

Should be awesome start at least.
Don't forget bearings.

Sorry, i just mean that i see people push to change to 12mm because they don't think there is a selection of tires for 14mm, but i just say it's irrelevant. moving to 12mm is not ideal because:
- smaller hex is always worse
- chances the wheels you'll find will have the wrong offset

What i'm saying is that you have all the selection you want if you keep using the stock wheels and just buy the tires.
I run 12mm hexes on my 4wd Stampede with a Hobbywing Max10 and a 3100kv 3665 brushless motor with Duratrax Lockups and if 12mm hexes can survive in that they will have no issue in a 3s Senton.

And I see your point on the wheels.

Update since owning it. I love this truck. I swapped over the arms for RPM put in 12MM Duratrax adapters, and front and rear tbone racing bumpers and that was it. I run it at the track pretty hard once or so a week plus on my track at home and it can take a beating and hang. I run the ProLine Positrons at the track and they are obviously incredible. I wore down my front Input shaft on the diff last week but that was easy enough to fix. Other than that it just keeps going, way more durable than all my buddies Slash and they have more money into them than I do my Senton.

Lookin at your name.. Youre Dutch? Right?

Buy yourself a POS front bumper from toemen.nl
They really are tough as nails..

Only just around 3 dags ago it saved me havin to rebuild my Typhons whole front end, after i hit a over looked at 15×15×15cm "kinderkopje" head on!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back