Senton senton 3s street basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello I just figured out how to get the build thread contributor badge so I figured why not just make one so here we go. Senton 3s first upgrade/mod:

-Durutrax speedtreads streethawks
-26 t pinion
-BLX185 with custom plexiglass mount ( not done yet)
- senton v3 shocks (old ones were leaking)
-new holes for ventilation(and so the car doesn't fly to the MOON)
-DUMBO RC controller and receiver
- brand new v3 plastic chassis
-40 wt shock oil
-rpm arms in the rear
-light bar for the night speed runs
PLANS:
-Front rpm arms
-4s or 6s motor
- Tbone bumper
-Aluminum parts in the front front weight

If you guys have any sugestions or any motors for cheap please reply or pm me
Thanks!

Hello I just figured out how to get the build thread contributor badge so I figured why not just make one so here we go. Senton 3s first upgrade/mod:

-Durutrax speedtreads streethawks
-26 t pinion
-BLX185 with custom plexiglass mount
- senton v3 shocks (old ones were leaking)
-new holes for ventilation(and so the car doesn't fly to the MOON)
-DUMBO RC controller and receiver
- brand new v3 plastic chassis
-40 wt shock oil
-rpm arms in the rear
-light bar for the night speed runs
PLANS:
-Front rpm arms
-4s or 6s motor
- Tbone bumper
-Aluminum parts in the front front weight

If you guys have any sugestions or any motors for cheap please reply or pm me
Thanks!
Unless you’re doing speed runs only, I would gear back down. I know you’re trying to have fun, but bashing at 70mph+ is just going to be expensive. It will be just like lighting money on fire. Speed runs means you drive it one way really fast and then give it time to cool off and batteries recover. Then make one more hit and pack it up. Sometimes you get lucky and can get a third pass out of your batteries but I’ve never had a PB on a third hit. Usually it’s the second pass.

Here's an old body I cut up.truck still went airborne at 78mph.even with a pack strapped to front shock tower.78 mph crash is violent

20200920_084443.jpg

If you crash at speed,.. it will be epic. Then after you realize that there are better cars for speed runs other than a short course truck, you will be looking at a different purchase.

Good luck though, can't wait to see the results.

ok I definitely have to cut up my body a bit more!
Unless you’re doing speed runs only, I would gear back down. I know you’re trying to have fun, but bashing at 70mph+ is just going to be expensive. It will be just like lighting money on fire. Speed runs means you drive it one way really fast and then give it time to cool off and batteries recover. Then make one more hit and pack it up. Sometimes you get lucky and can get a third pass out of your batteries but I’ve never had a PB on a third hit. Usually it’s the second pass.
Yep I have heard that from other people. I am currently only doing speedruns. Imma save up bit more so i can get a second motor for speed runs and im gonna gear this one down. It is still a work in progress. I have it torn down a bit cause stupid me decided to strip the shock screw. dremel would be helpful but i think I'm just gonna get new front arms! I also have tires for DAYS(MORE LIKE YEARS). Have to fix all the bends and cracks!

PICS:

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2577.jpg

Should I take that rear bumper of?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back