Senton Mega spur fills with sand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgrenfell

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So, I've had the Senton Mega brushed for 5 days. This is actually my second in 5 days. The first one not only burned the motor but completely trashed the spur in 4 batteries. I ran that one rtr which I guess was a mistake. This one, the replacement, I carefully set the mesh as it was pushed directly gear to gear, no space at all, from the factory. I also loosened the slipper a bit. These aren't rtr unless someone wants to wait on a replacement! I think I have it set up ok, but now after 1 battery I decided to stop and check it out. The motor mount had a surprisingly large amount of sand in there. Packed between the teeth of the spur! Am I doing something wrong or is this a HUGE design flaw? It doesn't matter how well the mesh and clutch are set if there's sand packed between the plastic teeth! Help!

+1 for the hole in the chassis. photo from the site but i did on mine and haven't had an issue again with chewed spurs unless the motor mount was bent.

1657909268431.png

Even RTR trucks will require some checking and maintenance. That is part of running hobby grade rc's.

A hole in the chassis below the spur will allow sand and dirt to fall out.

I would avoid running in sand or on a beach. Sand is very abrasive and gets in everywhere (dirt is not near as bad). Sand will tear up bearings, seals, gears.
If you do run in the sand, more frequent maintenance / inspection is required.

I agree that the Arrma 4x4 power module is a design flaw. Dirt gets in and destroys parts. Cutting a hole in the bottom of chassis will help as said above. Sand acts a cutting agent on gears and clutch, very abrasive.

I would pull the module out after every outing to clean out debris as preventative maintenance.

I agree that the Arrma 4x4 power module is a design flaw. Dirt gets in and destroys parts. Cutting a hole in the bottom of chassis will help as said above. Sand acts a cutting agent on gears and clutch, very abrasive.

I would pull the module out after every outing to clean out debris as preventative maintenance.

I haven't run my basher in the sand yet because I know with my crawler it's a complete teardown every time to get it all out. I'm sure it's even worse on a basher since everything is moving faster so more friction.

Even RTR trucks will require some checking and maintenance. That is part of running hobby grade rc's.

A hole in the chassis below the spur will allow sand and dirt to fall out.

I would avoid running in sand or on a beach. Sand is very abrasive and gets in everywhere (dirt is not near as bad). Sand will tear up bearings, seals, gears.
If you do run in the sand, more frequent maintenance / inspection is required.
+1
Beat me to the punch.
Sand is a killer. Consider where you drive your rig and........you need way more frequent disassembly and maintainance. Especially with Plastic geared Spurs. Is what it is. Need to Step up your Preventative Maintenance Game there.
The relief hole in the chassis is there to help. Let's debris out. Because Arrma knows debris will get in at the top and needs to be expelled. (out the bottom)
Same with the metal geared 6s line chassis'.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone! I'll cut a relief hole in there. I know sand is rough, and as someone stated, I know from my crawler. Unfortunately, I'm in San diego. Sand, sand and more sand! I do however have a metal spur ordered. Thanks y'all!

So, I've had the Senton Mega brushed for 5 days. This is actually my second in 5 days. The first one not only burned the motor but completely trashed the spur in 4 batteries. I ran that one rtr which I guess was a mistake. This one, the replacement, I carefully set the mesh as it was pushed directly gear to gear, no space at all, from the factory. I also loosened the slipper a bit. These aren't rtr unless someone wants to wait on a replacement! I think I have it set up ok, but now after 1 battery I decided to stop and check it out. The motor mount had a surprisingly large amount of sand in there. Packed between the teeth of the spur! Am I doing something wrong or is this a HUGE design flaw? It doesn't matter how well the mesh and clutch are set if there's sand packed between the plastic teeth! Help!
It's a huge design flaw and probably one of the worst things about the 4x4 platform, next is the slipper assembly itself, that thing is nothing but a nightmare.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back