Senton 3s spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jose samayoa

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got bigger tires and I ran my senton for 10 minutes on 3s and stripped my sour gear(plastic). What’s the best gearing ratio to go with? And what brand metal spur gear

EDDB9B3B-8224-4157-BA4C-C3DCEF24021C.jpeg

A5929360-5AB9-4AE7-B571-BB01725F98F7.jpeg

E68D8F3B-3912-4BE3-854F-A1ACB6C53F24.jpeg

I got bigger tires and I ran my senton for 10 minutes on 3s and stripped my sour gear(plastic). What’s the best gearing ratio to go with? And what brand metal spur gear

View attachment 239883

View attachment 239884

View attachment 239885
Welcome to AF!

I would check the motor mount and see if it’s bent.

Gearing wise, I would go 13t pinion.

Those large tires might be rough on the drivetrain, be sure to set your slipper correctly.

Hot racing metal spur is decent and don’t need extra slipper pads.

What electronics are you running?

Welcome to AF!

I would check the motor mount and see if it’s bent.

Gearing wise, I would go 13t pinion.

Those large tires might be rough on the drivetrain, be sure to set your slipper correctly.

Hot racing metal spur is decent and don’t need extra slipper pads.

What electronics are you running?
Spektrum 85 smart esc and 4000kv motor

Spektrum 85 smart esc and 4000kv motor
That is very high kv for a Senton 3s with mt tires.

I think you should consider getting a motor in the 2400-3000 KV range.

Esc is a little on the small side too, but should work for now, just keep a close eye on temps.

hard to say without checking a few things. I would start with verifying your motor plate is straight. if so, its worth doing the slipper adjustment and then backing off a smidge. Once i stopped bending the motor plate and loosened the slipper...and running on 2s instead of 3s, i haven't replaced a spur gear in probably a year.

Within 10 minutes...?
Chewed out what looks like ALL the teeth around it.

You need to double check the mesh next time.
Something went very wrong there, could be your motor screw came loose or the motor plate is slightly bent.

Within 10 minutes...?
Chewed out what looks like ALL the teeth around it.

You need to double check the mesh next time.
Something went very wrong there, could be your motor screw came loose or the motor plate is slightly bent.
It was a mega, all I did was upgrade the slipper to a 3s, made it brushless and wheels and tires. Would I need a blx motor mount

Yes, you will need a 3s motor mount. The plastic mega mount will not hold up. No real need for the metal spur. Composite holds up just fine on 3s. Replacement spur is around $5-$7.

with my stock big rock with the 3200kv, i ran the 18T, up from the 15 or 16. I would assume with the 4000kv, you wouldn't want to go higher than 15 and maybe even lower depending on cogging and motor temp.

Yes, you will need a 3s motor mount. The plastic mega mount will not hold up. No real need for the metal spur. Composite holds up just fine on 3s. Replacement spur is around $5-$7.
Will the blx mount fit in my mega motor housing?

Yup. Just use the pull tab and remove the housing. 3s one snaps right in. Direct replacement.
I would also recommend getting the center driveshaft support bearing. High speeds and the long chassis will cause the center shaft to vibrate and come loose. https://www.ebay.com/p/13022965621

Yup. Just use the pull tab and remove the housing. 3s one snaps right in. Direct replacement.
I would also recommend getting the center driveshaft support bearing. High speeds and the long chassis will cause the center shaft to vibrate and come loose. https://www.ebay.com/p/13022965621
Do I have to buy this whole set or just the motor mount for my mega motor housing?

88B1537F-AD06-411B-B114-7E0B8B6C3C53.png

The front section is cut out to allow the metal mount insert

7BB44D39-E484-4D84-BA57-5787EDE2FB1C.jpeg

So the whole set will work perfectly will the blx slipper. Cause I’m about to order all my parts and I want to figure out what I need
You want the new thicker mount off the vendetta, 3s infraction and new 4s line. Go to Jennysrc.com and check to see if in stock.

There are 6 left for the 4s outcast. All others sold out for now so move quick.

ADAF0AA6-248D-44E6-9C2F-6DD13703F9A3.png

Sold out sadly…
You have to check each model as they don’t lump them all together.
If you need other parts get them now as shipping is $6 for most smaller parts and will cover several usually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back