Senton Senton tires gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadbyexample2

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Noob question here, but better safe than sorry! Lol
Since the “optimal” speed gearing for the senton mega is a 27t pinion and it comes with a 17t, would putting larger tires (ex. Granite tires) with the stock pinion cause too much of an issue? I know usually you have to gear down to adjust, but since it’s already geared down from the speed pinion Im not quite sure!

or if anyone has any good recommendations for tires I’m fully open to suggestions as well. Mostly for off road bashing, some grass mostly gravel.

Are Granite tires even going to fit under a Senton SC body? IDK. Gearing is just one part of it. Gearing comes down to exactly how large your tires will be over the stock wheels. Generally, you get the tires first, make sure they are a fit with body, hex size and wheel offset ,considered and all.
Then gear accordingly. Watching temps with a temp gun and all.

Are Granite tires even going to fit under a Senton SC body? IDK. Gearing is just one part of it. Gearing comes down to exactly how large your tires will be over the stock wheels. Generally, you get the tires first, make sure they are a fit with body, hex size and wheel offset ,considered and all.
Then gear accordingly. Watching temps with a temp gun and all.
They won’t fit without a little body trimming due to the suspension travel. The granite is (I believe) 15/86 gearing on the mega version and the stock senton is 17/91. Same motor and all, just don’t want to create more issues down the road!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back