Senton Senton Wheel Options? (Plug and Play)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigP

Reaction score
Hi,

i am new to the Arrma 3s Senton and i wanted to know the tyre options i have?

Stock tyres and i saw some similiar with 14mm hex on aliexpress.

What can you recommend?
(should be about stock size and stock 14mm hex, and plug and play - no lexan cutting, no dremel tool)

Thanks

The only "true" plug and play are the stock ones in my opinion. If you don't mind glueing tyres, then i would recommend buying the stock wheels (without the tires) and then you have the option to glue any tyre that you want, that way you have options while still keeping the stock 14mm and wheel offset and such.

I had good experience with the Pro-Line Icon and also the Pit Bull Rock Beast. both are awsome and very different from stock in characteristics.

I have been looking for something a little taller for my Senton due to how early in the suspension stroke that the bottom of the chassis hits the ground. There is a significant amount of shock stroke left when that happens. At this point, I am leaning towards the Pro-Line BFG KO3s which are ~0.5" taller.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

I went with proline trenchers on my Senton. Just ever so slightly taller. It did require switching to 12mm hubs however.

I have been looking for something a little taller for my Senton due to how early in the suspension stroke that the bottom of the chassis hits the ground. There is a significant amount of shock stroke left when that happens. At this point, I am leaning towards the Pro-Line BFG KO3s which are ~0.5" taller.

Anyone have any other recommendations?
Some folks use granite tires...some pics on this forum. I tried some duratrax pistol on the senton, about .5 bigger, look great but really suck on the terrain I run on...

I went with proline trenchers on my Senton. Just ever so slightly taller. It did require switching to 12mm hubs however.
I thought all of the Pro-Line wheels came with 14mm adapters as well?
Some folks use granite tires...some pics on this forum. I tried some duratrax pistol on the senton, about .5 bigger, look great but really suck on the terrain I run on...
The Granite tires look significantly bigger. I would like to still keep the short course look. I will check out the Duratrax.

I ended up getting the Pro-Line BFG K02s and drove it for the first time yesterday. I switched out the 20 tooth pinion for a 18 to keep the it close the stock 50 mph top speed. I definitely like the taller tire more. I will say on high traction surfaces there is a bit more tire squirm and it's a little more prone to traction rolls but that is a trade off I will take for having a little more clearance.

I mounted them on Pro-Line beadlocks since dealing with glue didn't sound appealing to me. The Pro-Line wheels do come with 14mm center sections so no need to go to 12mm hex. Also had to do a little trimming but pretty minor.

Senton.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back