Talion Servo issue when car powered on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyanr1

Reaction score
Went to run my talion today and the servo was stiff, almost frozen. Would only turn slightly when using the remote but the wheels would turn freely with the car powered off. Anybody experienced anything like this before?
Thanks

Went to run my talion today and the servo was stiff, almost frozen. Would only turn slightly when using the remote but the wheels would turn freely with the car powered off. Anybody experienced anything like this before?
Thanks
Not sure if you have AVC enabled or not but if it’s disabled and your AVC knob is turned all the way down it will limit your steering travel.

Not sure if you have AVC enabled or not but if it’s disabled and your AVC knob is turned all the way down it will limit your steering travel.
Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure I disabled the avc. Interesting thing is my knobs got all turned around so that may be the issue. Guess I should turn the avc knob all the way up?

Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure I disabled the avc. Interesting thing is my knobs got all turned around so that may be the issue. Guess I should turn the avc knob all the way up?
You’re welcome.

If AVC is disabled the AVC / ST knob adjust the steering travel rate. If it’s turned all the way down that could certainly be your issue.

From what you're describing it sounds like your steering servo might be toast. This is is just back-of-the-napkin remote diagnostic. Take it with a bag of salt, but if you have a spare servo or one in another car that you could "borrow" for testing, that's what I'd try first.

From what you're describing it sounds like your steering servo might be toast. This is is just back-of-the-napkin remote diagnostic. Take it with a bag of salt, but if you have a spare servo or one in another car that you could "borrow" for testing, that's what I'd try first.
Peighday’s suggestion fixed the issue. Thank you though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back