Kraton Servo recommendation as I need a servo for my new Kraton EXB 6s roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously the JX appears and is the better servo, but at twice the price. Just when you do crunch math, the Zoskay is more conservative with its specs.
I never had issues with any of these Zoskays and a few other AMZ sellers have them for only $34. My FT steers well with it. At 7.4v BEC. There isn't any straight line driving with it.:p Can never have too much servo torque IMHO. Just with that, comes higher Stall and Idle amps. Not always a good thing.
The Servo Saver always needs to be shimmed on the tight side with these 6s Arrma's. And these servos will always hold Any line.
A legit 35kgs is all you need however in a perfect world. So you end up buying a 60 kg+ servo, so in reality will get you your 35'ish Kg of torque.
Rare that any servo is ever matching the marketted specs. Most any servo is at 30-50% Off spec.
Each servo brand measures their specs differently. Are allowed to say what they want. Hard to find even a name brand servo to do that. Unless you are forking over $200. + dollars on a servo. Not needed for bashing around.

Last edited:
My recommendation was the AGFRC 32kg for $49.99, don’t think there’s a better basher option on the planet. Go to any 1/8 scale nitro or E-buggy track and you’ll see those at a minimum. But you’re right, turning a narrow fireteam tire with weak clay or asphalt grip requires minimal torque input. Running a Backflip LP/6S or Copperhead is a little different story.

Premium: Servos from promodeler.com. US made, expensive but not as much as you'd think. I have their 630oz-in servo in my Outcast 4SV2 and it's great (inasmuch as the Outcast has the front wheels on the ground at all... which is rarely...) https://www.promodeler.com/DS630BLHV

Mid-range: I'm really liking AGFRC right now. Still on the premium side in quality, but not too expensive if you buy them from AliExpress and you're willing to wait a few weeks. I've got their 45KG servos in a couple of models and they pull like mules. https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101572093

The Servo Saver always needs to be shimmed on the tight side with these 6s Arrma's. And these servos will always hold Any line.
A legit 35kgs is all you need however in a perfect world. So you end up buying a 60 kg+ servo, so in reality will get you your 35'ish Kg of torque.
Rare that any servo is ever matching the marketted specs. Most any servo is at 30-50% Off spec.
Each servo brand measures their specs differently. Are allowed to say what they want. Hard to find even a name brand servo to do that. Unless you are forking over $200. + dollars on a servo. Not needed for bashing around.

Well said. With the ProModler in the KEXB I cannot say I see a difference when I had the 35kg Amazon servo installed. Testing both shimming the servo saver was key in MY case. Needed to do the same with the FT to be better steering.

I put this servo in my outcast 4s V2 roller, works very well and is super quick. You can turn the steering knob and let go and it’ll twitch the tires, sign of a good brushless servo. Has been great on 7.4v. Worth a try for the price imo.

GoolRC Digital Servo GX3370BLS 70KG https://a.co/d/dj5AHOd

+1.
Looks to be a good one there.
Yeah BLX motored servos usually cost more, but hands down perform the best, faster and more precise, more power efficient, over a basic Coreless servo.

Last edited:
I bought this savox SA 1283 for my kraton and it's so smooth i love it.its a bit pricey but you get what you pay for at times

View attachment 308870

View attachment 308871
Also got a HR servo mount for it .happy with the set up👍
here is a question was the servo mount just to keep the servo off the chassis?
I will add a different twist if you have the stock EXB servo saver in the roller. I have used the better DS Amazon servo mentioned above by SrC. I currently have a very good ProModeler expense servo. Below made the difference for me.

The best change I made for made was not the servo. Adding snap rings or washers to the servo saver to tighten it. There are a few posts and YT videos that show how weak the Kraton EXB servo saver is. This was my case:

Mine
View attachment 308928

Thanks for the information. I had no idea about this, I will make sure to pay attention to this and see if I have the same issue. Great insight. Thanks
Once you realize that the Spektrum Eco thing is not all that, you will have a change of heart. Learn for yourself. What RC is all about. Just that Spektrum stuff does not bring any Bragging rights.... just has the $Smart feature Fluff$. Which ends up being a Dumb move. The lights that tell you how much Lipo is left is rudimentary at best. Quite Useless. One example.
It is not like I never ran Spektrum before. And you arenot alone. I get it. All in with the HH/Spektrum stuff. The bells a supposed whistles.
Still run them until they crap out or go on fire., (and they will) only because a few of mine are RTR's and came that way.
My rollers all get HW electrics out the gate. And a nice upgrade radio. One day you will get there, I am sure.

With Servos, just make sure you get one that has 35Kg at a minimum.
well said I like the view point here and yes the best part about this hobby is finding out on your own adventure and path. Each persons path is different I am sure and yes I will most likely try spektrum stuff to start. I am a data nerd so I am drawn to data products which my be my early down fall, but as you said well, run it til it dies and resurrect with different and new brands. I've gotten back into this hobby after 20 or so years because of the amount of options and how far it has come since then. Indeed a good time to get back in....

Last edited:
The Servo must float aprox 1-2mm above the chassis at a minimum, and Not rest flat on it. It needs to float above, when attached to the Servo mount.
Shim as needed., to raise it. Very tall more powerful upgrade servos will usually pose this problem.
Also, after you have it floating above, then you may need to adjust the servo arm link going to the ST Belcrank. So it remains "Level" with the Steering Arm. Any Extreme angle is NG. Not the correct way. Shims or small spacers will work. Keep it level like it is supposed to be.
Yeah shimming the Servo Saver was a good idea.
Arrma should have installed the "X-Hard" SS spring from the very beginning. The stocker "Hard" spring doesn't cut it IMHO. Too soft.
I used (2 )Circlips for the SS spring. I like mine on the tighter side.
I also installed (4) sealed BB's, replacing the OE Brass Oilite Steering bushings. I did this with all mine.

Last edited:
here is a question was the servo mount just to keep the servo off the chassis?

Thanks for the information. I had no idea about this, I will make sure to pay attention to this and see if I have the same issue. Great insight. Thanks

well said I like the view point here and yes the best part about this hobby is finding out on your own adventure and path. Each persons path is different I am sure and yes I will most likely try spektrum stuff to start. I am a data nerd so I am drawn to data products which my be my early down fall, but as you said well, run it til it dies and resurrect with different and new brands. I've gotten back into this hobby after 20 or so years because of the amount of options and how far it has come since then. Indeed a good time to get back in....
To answer your question about the HR servo mount..to be honest I did not get the HR mount to raise the servo .i bought the savox servo and came across the HR mount and I liked it so I bought it.had no clue it would raise my servo 🤷.I'm a new kraton owner and I don't know much about it but ik Hit racing is a good brand so I said fk it and bought more for the bling of having the letters HR on it .had no idea for its purpose other than it holds the servo in place and looks cool. I like bling 🤣🤣

To answer your question about the HR servo mount..to be honest I did not get the HR mount to raise the servo .i bought the savox servo and came across the HR mount and I liked it so I bought it.had no clue it would raise my servo 🤷.I'm a new kraton owner and I don't know much about it but ik Hit racing is a good brand so I said fk it and bought more for the bling of having the letters HR on it .had no idea for its purpose other than it holds the servo in place and looks cool. I like bling 🤣🤣
agreed on all points lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back