Kraton Servo recommendation as I need a servo for my new Kraton EXB 6s roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MegatronDon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
I know there are several threads out there regrading servo's and types. That said I am looking for one that is mid range and digital as I have a 6100AT receiver so wanting to take advantage of all that spektrum tech (AVC, telemetry) as everything I have bought so far is spektrum ex. motor smart ESC an of course my receiver. I don't need the top of the line but something that is waterproof digital and over all a reliable option for 6s basher. Thanks everyone in advance.

had a lot of luck with the savox 1210sg have four of them now there a tall servo so you need to add washers so it don't rest on the chassis
okay thank you for the recommendation. I will do some research and see what it costs in Canada and read some reviews and warranty information. I will be looking to order Sunday or Monday as I've ordered the motor and ESC last night. slowly but surely getting everything to get this beast up and running.
This is the servo I use on all of my r/c's. They work great!
I like what I've read so far on this one. No nonsense servo good reviews, it either works great out the box or its a dud according to some reviews, then again that is with everything now a days quality control isn't what is used to be thats for sure

My reefs servo is pretty dope, need to fix the savor though, or upgrade it!! 🤔

20220212_171352.jpg

20220210_060553.jpg

DS3235 35 kg servo amz $34. Here in all 9 of my 6s Arrmas.
Why not just go with a Spektrum Servo.
Hell you are all into the Spektrum Eco thing anyway.:LOL:
And 99% of all servos ARE digital anyway.
I always thought the benefit of a " Roller' chassis was that you can avoid paying for the subpar RTR included Spektrum RTR electrics, while using better Upgrade electrics.

don't no in your part of the world but there 70 pounds ish in uk
okay thx for the update and yeah not much more here in Canada
DS3235 35 kg servo amz $34. Here in all 9 of my 6s Arrmas.
Why not just go with a Spektrum Servo.
Hell you are all into the Spektrum Eco thing anyway.:LOL:
And 99% of all servos ARE digital anyway.
I always thought the benefit of a " Roller' chassis was that you can avoid paying for the subpar RTR included Spektrum RTR electrics, while using better Upgrade electrics.
just looking for different options, and yes a roller i understand is to use what ever you like instead of having to take out and upgrade parts. Lol it seems your not a big fan of spektrum but everyone has their own likes and dislikes and you are no different and this servo you use is good from what the reviews say.

Last edited:
I bought this savox SA 1283 for my kraton and it's so smooth i love it.its a bit pricey but you get what you pay for at times

Screenshot_20230628-221943.png

Screenshot_20230628-221900.png

Also got a HR servo mount for it .happy with the set up👍

Attachments

• IMG_20230701_170638249.jpg
    IMG_20230701_170638249.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Yea this is true a bit out my budget but definitely worth the upgrade I'm sure. Thank you for sharing I will keep this one in mind for the future. Good reviews for the most part.

Yea this is true a bit out my budget but definitely worth the upgrade I'm sure. Thank you for sharing I will keep this one in mind for the future. Good reviews for the most part.
Trust me ik the price is not appealing.but from so many saying there servos failed while running and caused there rigs to get destroyed by crashes because of the servo I didn't want to go cheap on this part of my kraton.i see plenty of cheap servos for around 40 to 50 and the reviews are not that great..but I did my research and so many stand by savox that i didn't want to take a chance .and I honestly never owned really any good servos .so it was time to spend a little more and I'm sure this one will give me the insurance I need and feel confident that this servo wont fail ..it's so smooth and when you turn the wheels you don't hear any winning noises that most servos let out..the internal gears are all metal ..no plastic junk.im sure you can find one for less.if I do I'll drop a link.ik there are tons of other great servos out there but no guessing games on this one..metal casing and gears .it's solid
I jumped on eBay real quick and yeah couldn't find any new ones under 100. Found two used for 50 so that tells ya how good the quality is people still want good money for them even used ..I was told by many that these savox servos have no issues with glitches..I read some where that they run on there own frequency. No interference issues .anyways good luck what ever you choose and post pics when you do decide with what ever you get👍

Last edited:
I know there are several threads out there regrading servo's and types. That said I am looking for one that is mid range and digital as I have a 6100AT receiver so wanting to take advantage of all that spektrum tech (AVC, telemetry) as everything I have bought so far is spektrum ex. motor smart ESC an of course my receiver. I don't need the top of the line but something that is waterproof digital and over all a reliable option for 6s basher. Thanks everyone in advance.

I will add a different twist if you have the stock EXB servo saver in the roller. I have used the better DS Amazon servo mentioned above by SrC. I currently have a very good ProModeler expense servo. Below made the difference for me.

The best change I made for made was not the servo. Adding snap rings or washers to the servo saver to tighten it. There are a few posts and YT videos that show how weak the Kraton EXB servo saver is. This was my case:

Mine
1688263802610.png

okay thx for the update and yeah not much more here in Canada

just looking for different options, and yes a roller i understand is to use what ever you like instead of having to take out and upgrade parts. Lol it seems your not a big fan of spektrum but everyone has their own likes and dislikes and you are no different and this servo you use is good from what the reviews say.
Once you realize that the Spektrum Eco thing is not all that, you will have a change of heart. Learn for yourself. What RC is all about. Just that Spektrum stuff does not bring any Bragging rights.... just has the $Smart feature Fluff$. Which ends up being a Dumb move. The lights that tell you how much Lipo is left is rudimentary at best. Quite Useless. One example.
It is not like I never ran Spektrum before. And you arenot alone. I get it. All in with the HH/Spektrum stuff. The bells a supposed whistles.
Still run them until they crap out or go on fire., (and they will) only because a few of mine are RTR's and came that way.
My rollers all get HW electrics out the gate. And a nice upgrade radio. One day you will get there, I am sure.

With Servos, just make sure you get one that has 35Kg at a minimum.

Last edited:
Once you realize that the Spektrum Eco thing is not all that, you will have a change of heart. Learn for yourself. What RC is all about. Just that Spektrum stuff does not bring any Bragging rights.... just has the $Smart feature Fluff$. Which ends up being a Dumb move. The lights that tell you how much Lipo is left is rudimentary at best. Quite Useless. One example.
It is not like I never ran Spektrum before. And you arenot alone. I get it. All in with the HH/Spektrum stuff. The bells a supposed whistles.
Still run them until they crap out or go on fire., (and they will) only because a few of mine are RTR's and came that way.
My rollers all get HW electrics out the gate. And a nice upgrade radio. One day you will get there, I am sure.

With Servos, just make sure you get one that has 35Kg at a minimum.
This guy!! 🙄

Those Amazon 35kg are laughable, don’t even put out 25kg at 8.4V 😂 (300 in/oz =21.6kg-cm)

Keep to straight lines if you enjoy weak servos 👍

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back