Servo Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donovan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Recently my Granite's servo called it quits so I am looking for a new one. Just wondering what everyone uses.

Buy something cheap like the ones suggested above; my two cents. Don't bother with the expensive servos for a 3s basher, you won't get a return on investment. 25kg or 35kg should be more than sufficient.

Getting a good servo saver that will last is going to be the more tricky part, in my experience. You'll need to pick one up that's 25t if you're coming from the stock 23t servo and servo saver.

Do I really need a servo saver? Why not use the stock one?

Do I really need a servo saver? Why not use the stock one?
Stock one is 23T only Spektrum servos use a 23T spline. 99.9% of the aftermarket servos are going to have a 25T spline. That is why not use the stock one.

Good to know, thanks!

Also, what is the difference between the 180 and 270 degree ones?
There is no difference for RC truck applications. You'll use maybe 120 degrees of motion when setting endpoints on steering, so whether 180 or 270, you won't use all of it. There is some internet debate I've seen where people claim one is better than the other. But I'm positive that's all speculation.

Stock one is 23T only Spektrum servos use a 23T spline. 99.9% of the aftermarket servos are going to have a 25T spline. That is why not use the stock one.
I put the stock 23t servo saver on my jx ecoboost 25t, place it in the correct position and then slowly screw it down and it will re bite into the plastic then take the screw out, lock tight it and screw it back in not quite as tight, been running it like this for months with no issues

Update: I ended up going with a JX Ecoboost CLS6336HV. It's super fast, extremely strong and cheap. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to upgrade there 3s Arrma.

Update: I ended up going with a JX Ecoboost CLS6336HV. It's super fast, extremely strong and cheap. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to upgrade their 3s Arrma.
I got this same sever a couple weeks ago for my 1/10 SCTE. I’ve only had the chance to run it once, but happy with it as well - so far at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back