Power Supply Recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
I have a Hota D6+ that I was using the below power supply with. It decided to give up the ghost and I am looking for a recommendation for what I should replace it with. I am usually charging 2 6S batteries at a time with it.

IMG_5122.jpeg

I usually charge around 10 amps. Batteries are in the 5,000-6,000mah range.

The RDQ one is probably better quality, but 400W isn't much more than the D6+ internal AC. You can get a cheap 1,000 W 24V one off AMZN. I got the one linked below last fall and it works fine. Just make sure not to touch your tongue to the AC terminals. I wouldn't be surprised if it craps out before the RDQ or a nice name brand server one, but I have no specific reason to think it will - so far perfect and meets advertised specs. I paid $55 and I'm sure you can get cheaper direct from china.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Y69LXBM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

edit: seems I didn't read your post right. So the RDQ one AND the internal one are both toast? That's bad luck!

Last edited:
I’ve had a 700+w supply for a few years now that powers my 2 206b’s. Completely forgot what server it’s out of, but it’s loud as hell. I was just looking at replacements today. It seems an LED driver might be an option. Most of the high watt Amazon specials are less than $100

I have a Hota D6+ that I was using the below power supply with. It decided to give up the ghost and I am looking for a recommendation for what I should replace it with. I am usually charging 2 6S batteries at a time with it.

View attachment 294724
I have 2 of those exact ones from RacedayQuads... On my HM D6Duo pro and ISDT K2 Air. Great price for a 24v 400watt PSU. One had a fan issue early on, but I caught it in time. Replaced it with a PC fan of the same size. Been fine for years now. Both PSU's are excellent IMHO. Treated me fine. I would buy another again, if one of mine failed. Good clean power. I can charge 2 6500 6s bricks in under 30 min at 1C rates each. This PSU puts out 150 amps to each channel without sweating. I have these for close to 4 years now. I use them alot. At least 4 packs charged and storage charged per week every week.
As with ANY PSU, you need to keep them cool.
Maybe you just need to change a fuse if it did not overheat and burn out. Maybe the fan crapped out and she overheated?
Good to have a standalone desk fan blowing on the chargers and PSU's. What I do when it is hot weather. These PSU's do normally get to 130F.

The Quad RC 'ers like them. I get mine here:

https://www.racedayquads.com/products/rdq-power-supply-400w-16-7a-24v-plug-and-play-for-isdt-chargers-and-others?keyword=Power suppl

I paid $10.00 less several years ago. But $50. is not tragic. Still would buy it again.

Last edited:
I use a PSU out of my old pc, it's very easy to do too. I run 2 chargers, soldering iron, and a couple other things off of it.

I found one of these at work today. Lenovo 230w, 20v laptop power supply. I cut the 'slim-tip' end off and put 4mm female bullets on it. Charges 6S at 10.2a (2C), though I don't usually charge that high. It's more than enough at 1C. I think I might have another one somewhere. They're used for our CAD laptops and their TB4 workstation docks.
It's feels strange to charge a battery and not have what seems like a jet engine running right next to me.

IMG_1027.jpeg

I found one of these at work today. Lenovo 230w, 20v laptop power supply. I cut the 'slim-tip' end off and put 4mm female bullets on it. Charges 6S at 10.2a (2C), though I don't usually charge that high. It's more than enough at 1C. I think I might have another one somewhere. They're used for our CAD laptops and their TB4 workstation docks.
It's feels strange to charge a battery and not have what seems like a jet engine running right next to me.
Your charger has male bullets connections for DC in?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back