Outcast Servo turning wheels during backflip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

listerreg

Reaction score
Hi all!

Does anyone know why my Outcast is turning wheels left or right when doing backflip?

Is it the AVC kicking in? I have the dial turned all the way down. Should I rebind turning it off completely?

Video:

Thanks!

Do you have an adjustable preload servo saver? I've seen this happen when the servo saver is set too loose. If everything is good there then you're left with a short in the system. Possibly a bare spot on your servo wire? Your truck shouldn't be doing that.

Welcome to the forum.
Looks like an AVC issue. But you can do a single backflip with a short jump and do a little horizontal ”shimmy” rotation? I’d take a few more carefully choreographed vids before you correct the issue. 😊

I've watched the video a couple more times and it seems as tho the centrifugal force of your wheels is over powering your servo saver. your wheels don't turn much and the movement is slow and not abrupt. With the truck turned on move the wheels from side to side with your hands and see how much resistance you have. Your problem may be no more than a warren or misadjusted servo saver.

Thanks for all the response!

So to clarify, I’m new to the hobby and the servo and the servo saver is something I didn’t dismantle yet.

This is a stock outcast exb. I didn’t upgrade or change anything yet. What should I be looking for, regarding misadjusted servo saver. Of course I’ll look it up but regarding this particular case, any hints?
I've watched the video a couple more times and it seems as tho the centrifugal force of your wheels is over powering your servo saver. your wheels don't turn much and the movement is slow and not abrupt. With the truck turned on move the wheels from side to side with your hands and see how much resistance you have. Your problem may be no more than a warren or misadjusted servo saver.

On YouTube u can slow the speed down up to 0.25x. Here’s a screenshot:

IMG_0213.jpeg

To me it looks like the full turn.

When on the ground there is resistance when trying to turn the wheels with a hand but I have nothing to compare so I don’t know what to think about it. The servo is weak as I see it because for example running on grass wheels are constantly getting straightened despite me turning the steering wheel all the way. On dirt it is much less visible. I’m not talking about the AVC of course. When I turn it up it works as expected.

Last edited:
It seems to me the spring on the servo saver on the Kraton / Outcast is a bit too weak. And a lot of steering effort gets absorbed by the servo saver. Not absolutely sure about that does make sense.

I had the issue with the XMaxx that would steer badly with a stronger servo. Left the stock servo saver spring inside. Solved the issue then with the stronger spring.

Hi all!

Does anyone know why my Outcast is turning wheels left or right when doing backflip?

Is it the AVC kicking in? I have the dial turned all the way down. Should I rebind turning it off completely?

Video:

Thanks!
I do not have that model to know if it comes with AVC. If it does, this is the correct way to disable the AVC correctly and then you can test to see if AVC is part of the issue...

It's the wheels gyroscopic effect overpowering the servo. There's a fair bit of energy involved when those wheels are spinning at high RPM.

Earlier Arrma servo savers were adjustable but the later ones aren't and are weak + weaken over time. You can add a C-clip to tighten the later ones up but it will always do it to some extent. You can see it in the second jump in my video where the car goes off axis and the wheels turn. That's with a tight Vitavon adjustable servo saver and an expensive Savox servo:

Yeah, I find that normal, doesn't bother me when bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back