Kraton setting droop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carckton driver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
i tried searching for the answer but seems this topic isnt even discussed anywhere. when setting the droop on the v5 models what do you do about the washers? where do you get more of them? i already tried adjusting the droop to try and get it to steer better by maybe keeping more weight over the front but the droop screw holes stripped out. i need more washers to put in place when adjusting the droop screw out but have no idea where to find them.

i tried searching for the answer but seems this topic isnt even discussed anywhere. when setting the droop on the v5 models what do you do about the washers? where do you get more of them? i already tried adjusting the droop to try and get it to steer better by maybe keeping more weight over the front but the droop screw holes stripped out. i need more washers to put in place when adjusting the droop screw out but have no idea where to find them.
I do not use washers.

My Fireteam came with washers on the droop screw as they were screwed full down....why I do not know because the screw will have to rise up as I screw them. No other rig of mine came with them...none on the Infraction nor the Kraton EXB...stock. So just adjust the screw it will not move in the plastic arms no washers are needed.

If I am wrong, vets advise if washers were needed BUT as open as I have them, I would need stacks of them < 5mm or more. Again, the only rig I have ever seen with them was on my new Fireteam, and I removed them all and made my adjustments.

So just adjust the screw it will not move in the plastic arms no washers are needed.

If I am wrong, vets advise if washers were needed BUT as open as I have them, I would need stacks of them < 5mm or more. Again, the only rig I have ever seen with them was on my new Fireteam, and I removed them all and made my adjustments.
Yes they will move. As i said in my post one of the screw holes stripoed out after i adjusted the droop. Washers are needed, i just want to know where to find them
https://www.google.com/search?q=arr...1mAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-serpReplace your current ones with these. Pic shows with no thread but they are threaded.
I don't need different droop screws, i need the washers that go on them

Yes they will move. As i said in my post one of the screw holes stripoed out after i adjusted the droop. Washers are needed, i just want to know where to find them
Hmmm... I'll keep watching on my rigs, of course 3S, but none on those. But all my 6S rigs have them, and 3S Losi DB Pro and on-road cars...none have moved, but I was damn slow and steady making that hole or making needed adjustments. 2yrs all are in the same place.

Adjustments would be hard to make if washers are on if they stop the turning just seems counterproductive for the ability to easily adjust a droop screw. Best of luck keep us posted if you discover some washers for those gaps.

Please find a fix and get back to bashing :) (y)

If it’s a m3 fastener go buy m3 washers. You can get 100 of them for a few dollars on McMaster Carr

think he needs new arms if I am correct droop screw hole stripped or maybe put a bigger screw in :unsure:

I agree....the screw should not be backing out. I could be wrong, but I have not seen many posting this issue....but I am welcome to be corrected 🤷‍♂️

More so hopes he finds a fix :) each rig is different.

I agree....the screw should not be backing out. I could be wrong, but I have not seen many posting this issue....but I am welcome to be corrected 🤷‍♂️

yes I have replaced arms before when the droop screws don't hold anymore

think he needs new arms if I am correct droop screw hole stripped or maybe put a bigger screw in :unsure:
i have new arms

the screw didnt back out. it got forced into the hole stripped the threads out.
also for the the people saying they haven't had any problems for X amount of time. this happened on the very first battery pack after adjusting droop screws. the droop screws come with 3 washers on them keeping this from happening. when you back out the droop screws, for lower ride height/better shock alignment the only thing holding the droop screw in place is the threads and apparently thats not enough.
If it’s a m3 fastener go buy m3 washers. You can get 100 of them for a few dollars on McMaster Carr
this is exactly what im trying to figure out. you got a link? you cant just use any m3 washer, theres a tight clearance between the arm and screw. also don't think i want to buy 100 of them, that sounds like wayyyyy more money than i want to spend on washers.

i have new arms

also for the the people saying they haven't had any problems for X amount of time. this happened on the very first battery pack after adjusting droop screws. the droop screws come with 3 washers on them keeping this from happening. when you back out the droop screws, for lower ride height/better shock alignment the only thing holding the droop screw in place is the threads and apparently thats not enough.

this is exactly what im trying to figure out. you got a link? you cant just use any m3 washer, theres a tight clearance between the arm and screw. also don't think i want to buy 100 of them, that sounds like wayyyyy more money than i want to spend on washers.
don't no what your on about never had washers on the droop screws its just screw them in and out that's it :unsure:

i have new arms

Washers, for M3 Screw Size, 3.200 mm ID, 6 mm OD. 3.42$ for 100. Only qty McMaster sells them at.

https://www.mcmaster.com/98689A112

don't no what your on about never had washers on the droop screws its just screw them in and out that's it :unsure:
The washers take up the space under the button head, prevents it from being pushed through the threads in the plastic. time consuming but works well.

oh wow, $3.50 is a lot less than i would have thought, stainless steel at that. try buying 100 washers, of any type, from the hardware store. its gonna be a lot more than 3.50. wonder what mcmaster charges for shipping, really hate creating unneeded accounts.
im assuming you don't have a v5 kraton 6s. "just screw them in and out that's it", actually no thats not it. :ROFLMAO:

oh wow, $3.50 is a lot less than i would have thought, stainless steel at that. try buying 100 washers, of any type, from the hardware store. its gonna be a lot more than 3.50. wonder what mcmaster charges for shipping, really hate creating unneeded accounts.

im assuming you don't have a v5 kraton 6s. "just screw them in and out that's it", actually no thats not it. :ROFLMAO:
All your favorite products manufactured in the USA probably use McMaster components. They are one of the best suppliers of nearly everything you need for any hobby. Especially quality fasteners.

The account is well worth it. I live in California and it costs me 8$ for shipping from them.

yes have the kraton v5 and yes they do have washers on sorry never noticed :rolleyes:

All your favorite products manufactured in the USA probably use McMaster components. They are one of the best suppliers of nearly everything you need for any hobby. Especially quality fasteners.

The account is well worth it. I live in California and it costs me 8$ for shipping from them.
thats a LOT for shipping unless you bought like 10 pounds of stuff. i hope that wasnt for a little bag of things.

thats a LOT for shipping unless you bought like 10 pounds of stuff. i hope that wasnt for a little bag of things.
That was for 500 fasteners and 100 nylocks delivered overnight (warehouse is in LA)
But 8$ is most peoples minimum shipping cost (usps small box flat rate). I consider that very reasonable.

That was for 500 fasteners and 100 nylocks delivered overnight (warehouse is in LA)
But 8$ is most peoples minimum shipping cost (usps small box flat rate). I consider that very reasonable.
$8 shipping on a $3 item that weighs maybe half a pound and a half and is very small (100 m3X25mm screws) is very reasonable?

Wow…just do an Amazon search for washers. It’s not exactly hard. There’s also the parts diagram your car may have come with or can access on the Arrma website so you can figure it out yourself without much effort.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back