Kraton Shame on Amainhobbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Second write up cuz first one didn’t save. Hey fellow bashers, I had a disturbing event occur recently. Finally decided to rebuild and tune up all 4 of my arrma rigs. All the diffs had a noticeable wiggle so took them apart for cleaning. They needed shims and new o-rings. Ordered two packets of arrma o-rings and one of kyosho. Blah blah blah... opened first pack and saw they were too big for the outdrive. Pissed to the max. Then grabbed other arrma pack and noticed they were different. The second pack looked genuine and able to fit properly. Someone had repackaged the kyosho ones and put them into a similar bag as arrma and sold them to me.
I love amainhobbies, they treated me very well in the past but this counterfeiting sucks the big shlong. Question, what should I do from here? Still need more o-rings

Homey

Attachments

• F0D3A381-2051-41EF-BD69-F97BA497849D.jpeg
    F0D3A381-2051-41EF-BD69-F97BA497849D.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 1A5C3975-92D0-4139-9AA7-A3B21B41F53C.jpeg
    1A5C3975-92D0-4139-9AA7-A3B21B41F53C.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 111
The Kyosho P5s & 716001 are 4.8mm x 1.9mm. They are used in most of the older 1/10 2-3s cars. 716011 are 4.5mm x 1.5mm. They are used in the 1/10 & 1/8 4-6s cars.

Hey 2fast4u, are you sure about those item numbers? Check this out, the proper arrma package of o-rings fits perfect while the counterfeit one is too large. The top right one is real while bottom is fake. Same item numbers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 88
Sure as the sun came up this morning. Kraton, Talion, Outcast, Typhon (716011) Sounds like a really lucrative business though, "Counterfeit" O rings.

Is it possible someone pulled the old switch a roo and returned them?
I too have a hard time believing Amain has someone in the back room putting incorrect or counterfeit items in other packaging then shipping them off to customers.

I'm betting someone at the factory messed up. It can and does happen a lot.

Just a few of my personal experiences.

I ordered a set of the Mugen e0206 diff washers from Tower Hobbies and the large washers were missing from the package.

I bought a green Traxxas Summit from Horizon Hobby invoice said green sticker on the box said green I open the box and my Summit is red.....

Ordered SSD titanium and stainless steel links for my SCX10-II I opened up the package and was trying to figure out why I had rod ends and balls in the bag all of the links were the wrong length, contacted the eBay seller and all except for one of the packages they had was mislabeled

I work for a furniture store numerous times we get in two left sides for a sectional instead of a left and a right. I've opened up chairs to see they had the wrong fabric installed from the factory but they had the correct label on the box and the chair.

People mess up it happens no one is perfect.

Just checking will the Kyosho P4.5 silicone slim o-ring, part nr at Amain KYOORG045S work for the Arrma vehicles gearbox. I am from South-Africa and my stuff takes 8-12 weeks to arrive

Last edited:
Just checking will the Kyosho P4.5 silicone slim o-ring, part nr at Amain KYOORG045S work for the Arrma vehicles gearbox. I am from South-Africa and my stuff takes 8-12 weeks to arrive

Maybe no-one bother to answer a newbie

You are definitely looking for 4.5X1.5 (arrma #716011) Kyosho does not list the dimensions for their o rings that I could find. So I can't say if the P 4.5 slim will work or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back